Loss

This chapter includes a miscarriage

Phoenix and Bill had been living with eachother for a month and had found out that they were 10 weeks pregnant just after they moved in together. Other than Charlie no one knew they were expecting yet as they'd decided to keep it quiet for a bit, still getting used to it themselves. Phoenix was currently sat at her kitchen table with Charlie.

"So hows the sickness?" Charlie asks as he takes a sip of coffee.

"Don't ask. I thought it was supposed to get better not worse" She moans as he laughs slightly.

"Aww, I'm sure it'll get better eventually. How far along are you now?"

"15 weeks"

"Won't be long before you can find out the gender"

"I know, I can't wait"

"Have you told my mother yet?"

"Doing it saturday"

"Have fun"

"Thanks" They both laugh as they continue catching up until Bill gets back from work and Charlie has to head home. "Bill" Phoenix says as they're sat on the sofa cuddling whilst he reads a book out loud. He places the book down to look at her.

"What's up?"

"I think we should make Charlie the baby's godfather, what do you think?"

"I think that's a great idea love" She snuggles into him as he places a kiss on her head and goes back to reading. After an hour they decided to head to bed.

"Bill" Phoenix calls from the bathroom, trying to ignore the pain she was currently feeling in her stomach.

"Whats wrong?" He asks as he runs into the room.

"I'm bleeding" She says, tears in her eyes.

"Hey, don't panic yet. Let's go to the hospital first" She nods before he apparates them both to St Mungo's.

"What seems to be the problem today?" The receptionist asks.

"My girlfriends 15 weeks pregnant and she's bleeding" Bill says making the woman look up quickly. She calls one of the Healers who takes them straight to an exam rooms. After a few tests and a scan the Healer looks at Bill and Phoenix sadly.

"I'm sorry but you've lost the baby. I'll give you some time alone" He leaves them alone.

"I'm so sorry Bill" Phoenix says, tears streaming down her face. Bill crouches in front of her, tears in his eyes as well.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Sometimes these things happen, it's no ones fault" Bill wraps his arms around her as she cries into his chest. "Come on let's go home" Bill says to her wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her into his side as they apparate back home. "Come on lets go lie down for a bit" Bill suggests as Phoenix just nods before heading upstairs. She hadn't said anything since the hospital. "Do you need anything? A drink? Something to eat?" She looks at him as she sits on the edge of the bed.

"Can you just lay with me, please?" He smiles at her sadly.

"Of course I can" He lays down and she lays beside him, placing her head on his chest as he wraps his arms around her.