Chapter 6 : Ajeeb Daastaan

*"Ayy Motu waha khade khade kya kar rha hai ladoo rakh aur khelne chal kya saradin mandir se mithai khata rehta hai aisa karega toh tu kabhi handsome nhi ban payega haannn, aur koi tujhse shaadi bhi nhi karega!" the eight year old girl threw teases at the boy who was sneaking up sweets down his throat. Her talks made him stop and turn around with hurtful angry eyes which soon turned into a playful smirk on seeing her face chuckling he said "Nahi karega toh nahi karega waise bhi mujhse kaunsi shaadi ki shaukh hai aur agar koi nhi mili toh tu haina!!!" "EWWWW Shaadiiiiii mainnnn aur tujhseee never ever ever!!!!!" the girl screeched on hearing his comments as she ran with him following her* chatters filled the room as everyone joyously clapped and praised Prem. But little did they know what song meant for the two. Two pair of enchanted orbs staring at each other amidst the chaos. "Prem bhaiya! Aap ne toh Kamal hi kardiya haina didi!?" Reet expressed as she yeeted Preeti out of her trance as she looked at that particular someone already looking at her. Was he always like this?those eyes,that voice,that figurine,those hands,those words,those actions…what are you doing to me Prem Singhania...I.."DIDI!!!!!!" Preeti flinched as she heard her sister shouting at her ears realising she zoned out for too long that also staring at the person she hated rather she wanted to hate made her cheeks heat up. "Dii hua kya hai aapko kiske yaadon mein khoye huye hai!?" Reet nagged.

Sensing that no one other than Reet actually caught her zoned out made Preeti release a sigh of relief. Getting up without answering a nagging Reet Preeti asked her mother in a soft voice ,"Mummy raat bohot huyi hai khana lagadu?"
"Preeti beta kya hua hai tum achanak se itni flushed out kyu lag rhi ho?" Reetu asked as Preeti's eyes enlarged as she realised her mother had caught her once again…Being the eldest daughter Preeti was always more mature and understanding,quiet and reserved but never a one to shy away just because she was a girl. Being a teacher's daughter Preeti didn't have many friends and hence her mother was her only bestfriend since her teenage years. She was the one who had seen her sit and talk in that old room for  hours, she has seen her crying for her bestfriend she has seen that friendship that sweet promise and liking turn into hate she knew it all. She was the sole witness of her suffering and yet again like all the old times  she understood Preeti just by looking at her, she caught her again. It still surprises Preeti how her mother knows her so well whenever she asked her about this she would only get a pat on her head with sweet smile saying "Your eyes says it all Preeti beta"

"No mumma it's just too hot here" Preeti said fiddling with the end of her gold grazed dupatta. Eyeing her Reetu said,"Preeti beta I know it's hard for you...tum upar jao ya phir terrace par jaake thodi der ke liye aaram karlo khana main aur Gita lagadungi " sensing the fact there was no use of lying to her mother nodding her head Preeti ran upstairs walking towards the terrace she came across Prem's room. Everybody's down stairs why are the lights still on? Her eyes gazed up to the potrait of current Prem Singhania which replaced the old Giggling picture of young Prem. Everything really changed huh. Scoffing at herself Preeti walked towards the terrace not paying heed towards her surroundings as soon as she stepped inside the terrace she heard a door being locked.

Gasping at her view she instantly regretted turning back on hearing the lock sound,  she couldn't believe her eyes, a shirtless Prem, with her, in terrace, what was this going on? A fucking soap opera!?

"What the fuck are you doing her and why the fuck did you lock the door for fuck sakes we ain't kids anymore people will misunderstand!!"

"Tch,tch,tch look at you getting so riled up Preeti Kulkarni and all that for what? For locking the door? Or me, being shirtless, here, alone, with you?"
Prem said walking towards her making her step back.

One step ahead. Two step back. One step ahead. Two step back.

There was no more space for Preeti to move behind colliding with the swing Preeti fell on it with a jerk. Taking advantage of the situation Prem caged a sitting Preeti between his arms.

"W-wh-what a-are y-you doing...leave me!" Stuttering Preeti whisper yelled
Preeti was already burdened with too much and Prem being so close to her wasn't helping her at all she wanted to show him how much she was angry at him for breaking her.

Preeti's chest heaved up and down in anger. "Why so angry kheer? Yeh aankhein…why don't they look at me like they used  too…you-----

"Preetiii betaaaa zara neeche suno" hearing Gita calling Preeti internally sighed. Prem sighed irritatingly as he released Preeti from his cage as Preeti walked actually practically ran towards the door as she was going to unlock it his voice refrained her from doing so "why do you hate me kheer?now that I am finally back why do you keep running away?kyu kheer kyu kar rhi ho yeh" She could feel his pain through her voice but she was hurt too. Too much to be consoled.

"Ask yourself Prem Singhania khudse pucho"

Author's note :

Updating everyday is impossible as much as I want to end this book within summer vac but i need to study as well so anywayssss. Good luck reading 💗