Chapter 13 (Who exactly are you?)

Start from the beginning

Now her mother's words made sense to her. Her dress must be so expensive!

Gosh! What did she get herself into?

"Just relax." The smirk on Damien's face widened as it turned into a grin.

Annabella mistook him for mocking her.

"Hey, are you teasing me?" She was about to throw the dress in his face when he grabbed her by her wrist, preventing her from doing so.

"No, I'm not. I just found you super cute and it made me smile, okay?"

Annabella felt relieved. But her mind was still in chaos.

"Sorry, Damien. I can't do this."

"Why?" Damien's voice sounded disappointed despite his struggle to hide that from her.

"Because of two things."

"What are they?" Damien enquired, straightening his back as if he was showing her that he was all ears.

"Firstly, I don't know who..." 'The hell' "...You are."

Damien cleared his throat. "As I told you before, I'm Damien."

Annabella rolled her eyes in annoyance. "You worked as a waiter boy when you're so freaki... I mean when you are so rich. Why did you do that?"

Damien shrugged his shoulders. "Experiencing life, I guess?"

Annabella secretly grinded her teeth in anger. 'Experiencing life my ass!'

"So... Are you finished with your questionnaire? Can we go now?" He asked, opening the car door for her.

"No, wait." Annabella quickly blurted out. "I can't possibly be your girlfriend."

Damien massaged his temples, looking tired. "What's now? Duh, it's an act and it's NOT for real, okay? Just relax. It's only for today. As I told you before, I won't pester you anymore, I swear!"

Annabella sighed heavily. "You can't understand me, Little Mister. We are from different social statuses. I can't act like your perfect girlfriend before noble, and elegant women. They'll definitely make fun of me!"

Damien patted her head. "Don't worry, I'll be by your side and protect you."

Ba-dum

His words made her heart skip a beat. She never felt something like that before. It was simply... Weird.

Eventually, Annabella agreed to come with him. The minute she approved the idea, Damien didn't waste a single second as he quickly stepped on the accelerator and drove off like he had to catch a bus later.

"Woah!" Annabella subconsciously held onto the grab handle. "Why are you rushing? Slow down!"

"Can't. We must go there early."

Annabella, who was always late for everything including her job: "..."

'What a punctual freak!'

An hour later, the car came to a halt. Annabella's jaw dropped when she saw the beautiful hotel in front of her.

It was a freaking 5-stars hotel! Someone must be kidding her!!!

Then she looked at the person beside her who didn't seem to be affected at all. Again, the difference between rich and poor people!

The hotel alone was a paradise to her. But to a billionaire boy like him, it was actually nothing.

"What does your father do?" She asked, out of curiosity. She really wanted to know more about him.

"Business." His reply was straightforward.

"What kind of a business? There are so many businesses in the world, you know. Don't tell me he sells drugs."

"Are you crazy?" This time, finally his attention was on her as he looked straight into her brown eyes with his captivating sky-blue eyes.

The guys she had dated were nothing compared to the boy next to her. Then again, she shouldn't compare others. But... She couldn't help it because... He was just too handsome to be true.

'Ugh, it's a pity that he's younger than me.' Annabella's cheeks flushed at the thought of it.

'What the hell am I thinking about? Snap out of it, silly.'

After checking Damien's ID and invitation, the security let them in with all due respect, opening the silver gate.

Damien started the car again and drove it inside the gate. Annabella looked around with her curious, big eyes. Everything felt like a dream to her. They were so surreal that she got scared of the fact that she might wake up from that beautiful dream soon.

Damien stopped the car in the parking lot before pushing open the door to get out. Annabella didn't wait for him to open the door for her. She also got off the car and looked around yet again.

"You look like a cat that entered a fish shop." Damien teased her, wrapping his arm around her waist.

Annabella pouted her lips, aggrieved. "Hey!"

She struggled to break free from his clutch whispering, "What are you doing?"

There were people around them so she didn't act harshly, afraid of getting humiliated by them.

"What's the prob?" Damien raised one of his eyebrows. "You're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend. So it's perfectly natural for me to act like this, isn't it?"

Annabella was about to refuse it when she saw the girls' gazes on her fake boyfriend. Soon, her face turned dark.

The girls didn't even enter the hotel as they mumbled something to each other, pointing in their direction from time to time. They even gave Annabella a few glances filled with envy.

Annabella gulped before sneakily taking a peek at Damien. She lovingly patted his hand which was holding her waist, acting like a caring girlfriend.

'Nevermind, let's forget it.'

Damien took her to an isolated place, further away from the banquet. Annabella's heart squeezed. Did she fall into a trap again? Shit, how foolish she was!

"Where are you taking me?" She finally managed to ask, pretending to be as casual as possible. However, she couldn't stop her voice from being cracked.

"Don't be afraid." Damien patted her head like he was consoling a little puppy. Nevertheless, she loved when he did that. It made her anxiety fade away instantly. So strange!

"I'm taking you to meet someone." He answered, looking down at her, still walking.

Although Annabella was tall and her heels added extra height to her, she still couldn't reach Damien's height. He was simply too tall like a coconut tree.

"To meet someone? Is it your father?"

"You'll see."

A/N:

Guys, kindly note that I changed the book cover and the title once again. I hope it will be the last time... 😬

Let's meet again with another chapter. Don't forget to encourage me as usual! Thank you and love you! Byeee!!!