𝙰𝚗𝚝𝚒-𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘 - Blade

GN Reader

Help me make the most
Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world

(Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears)

---------------------------------------------------------

.
.
.

"More evil gets done in the name of righteousness than any other way."

Standing on the edge of a sky city, merely inches away from falling. You won't die regardless, no matter what you did. After all, a blessing ignored will become a curse. That was the very mistake you made for god knows how long already. Once a legendary warrior from eons ago who was sentenced to death from framed treason, having the king's gifted blade with the blood of countless from war stuck to one's heart.

Once was a hero executed by the king you served and the kingdom you fought for, you still faced the sentence of mortals and gods alike. The Almighty is cruel. Given the 'gift' of immortality, it gave you nothing but boundless suffering from the torment of witnessing deaths around you caused by the unwavering oath of time. Every single memory was kept. Not a single death did you forget, whether the wars you ravaged on the battlefield, or the restful passing on a loyal servant's deathbed.

You were just a mere entity stuck between the bridge of life and death, neither dead nor alive. Too strong for a mortal yet too weak for a god. An existence closest yet furthest from a deity. The only end that can bring finality to your everlasting malediction was a being with another 'gift' that can pull the phantom sword out of your never beating heart. Your fruitless attempts throughout the centuries to pull the sword out of your chest bore consequential, a sharp unbearable pain was to be felt after your failed attempts.

The rules of the game by the gods were simple. Your immortality will persist, and will only end once the ghostly blade on your chest is pulled out. Lest attempting it by yourself or with the intention of unworthy beings will lead to a harsher consequence and failure. But the curse doesn't end there. As the only person who can see and pull out the spectral sword will be the one a fellow curse called love leads you to.

.
.
.

"Just what the hell did I do so wrong? Why do I have to be the one caught up in the Almighty's shitty little game?!"

You question the dark skies above you, your tears blending in with the sorrowful downpour. Not even a thousand 'why's' can answer the lingering bitter emotion in your mind.

"I'll do anything, even if it's to set fire to the rain."

.
.
.

"The universe doesn't make sense. So why should I commit actions that do?"

You let out the final question that bestowed upon your mind. It rained harder and the clouds darkened, the smell of the evening petrichor left you in a trance that distracted you from everything like a drug. You held the hilt of the sword on your chest tightly, though it would seem to anyone else that you were just setting your hand out in the air.

.

.

.

.

.

"They say it only rains when a lonely and great god feels sorrow."

"A god must be drowning in misery then."

"Hmm perhaps." You chuckle as you stand beneath the rain with a black umbrella above your head. Waiting for further orders from Elio, you wander around aimlessly throughout the empty plains alongside Blade. 'Ah the irony.' "You haven't told me your name yet, despite being colleagues for quite some time." "You never told me yours either." You never expected yourself to have a decent conversation with someone like him, you've only treated each other as fellow Stellaron Hunters ever since.

Though it gave you a sense of comfort, the curse kept making the deaths reappear in your mind as if they had just happened yesterday. Even if you've been dealing with it for the past few eons, it was just something that you could never be used to.

"Immortality feels like shit."

"It really does."

You stuck your hand out to catch droplets of rain, freezing them in time out of boredom. "Mortals are bizarre creatures. Even in a universe full of wonders they still managed to invent boredom." "Ironic for you to say that despite being stuck in torment for centuries." "That doesn't make you any different, no?"

The harsh rain lightened.

You glanced at his figure behind you, trailing your steps forward as it freezes the rainwater beneath your feet. "I'm fine, mind you." "You don't look fine." "Then you're free to stop looking anytime." With a neutral smile on your glimpses of him, the scene was set in melancholy as you both drift away in your consciousness.

Oh how you wished this essence of peace would last, to make the most out of freedom and of pleasure. But you of all people know that it'll never last for long. Not anytime soon at least. Amidst the start of a war against an Aeon, times wouldn't be the most peaceful as back then.

.
.
.

Everything felt nostalgic even if none of them happen. The emotion of oblivion and omniscience overlapping in your consciousness felt intoxicating. The rain stopped midair, as if time itself discontinued.

"That ancient sword of yours is filled with cracks and of rust, it reflects on your ravenous soul."

You calmly stated as you traversed through the raindrops in the air. Admiring the sight of everything as time paused itself. Eveything went silent. The storm uttered not a single sound as you favor the skies.

"Such is the phantom blade on your chest."

.
.
.

The sound of rain continued as the droplets hit the ground. You stare on the hilt of the sword in disbelief, hearing the roars of thunder as the rain fell heavily.

"You don't see it."

"You're in disbelief."

"Under no circumstances."

"Then why deny it?"

"Then pull it out."

"A certain legend says I shouldn't."

.

.

.

.

.

"Why the hell did it have to be you of all people."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

YO CLIFFHANGER

At this point all my oneshots have their own plot that can be turned into a wholeass book if I wasn't lazy.

I'll declare you as the most cultured chad if you realized this whole chapter was just a straight up kdrama reference even from the first paragraph.

---------------------------------------------------------

Happy trailblazing, travellers! May the gods bestow their blessings upon you amidst your interstellar travels.