Wo Ai Ni [Her shadow]

Start from the beginning

It was Hua Cheng.

He was looking at the moon. It was a full moon.

"San Lang."

Xie Lian saw Hua Cheng flinch and suddenly move his hands to his face. Xie Lian got worried and walked closer to him, "San Lang? What's wrong?"

Hua Cheng shook his head. Xie Lian turned his face towards his own and saw the rims of his eyes were slightly red.

Hua Cheng had been crying up until he came.

Xie Lian's eyes widened. He asked with worry, "San Lang! What- What happened? Why were you crying?"

Hua Cheng smiled, "No no. I wasn't." his face spoke a different story though.

Xie Lian didn't buy it or course. He cupped Hua Cheng's face, "San Lang. Tell me. Maybe Gege can help?"

Hua Cheng shook his head again, "Really, it's nothing."

Xie Lian made him look straight into his eyes. Hua Cheng's eyes, gradually filled with tears again and they spilled sideways.

He wanted to hold Xie Lian so badly. He wanted this prince. He wanted Xie Lian.

But of course he couldn't have the person he fell in love with. How can a monkey reach the stars? It was simply impossible.

Hua Cheng wanted to come to terms with it. But it still hurt to know he could never have it.

He could never get Taizi Dianxia's love.

Hua Cheng was shaking with the emotions in his heart. He really tried, to keep them inside. But ultimately he tried too hard, and failed too badly.

Xie Lian was getting more and more worried. And wiped away his beloved's tears with his thumb, "San Lang. San Lang, my dear San Lang. Tell Gege what's wrong? Did someone say anything to you?"

He couldn't bear seeing Hua Cheng cry. It made his heart hurt so much it felt like he was being stabbed by a sword hundreds of times.

Hua Cheng couldn't take it anymore and held the hands Xie Lian had on his cheeks and opened his closed eyes. They looked so beautiful under the moonlight spilling from the sky, even more so with tears swimming in them. The red rims made them look vibrant, but Xie Lian hoped to never see such beauty in his eyes again.

He would rather not see this beauty than letting Hua Cheng cry.

"Gege, I..."

His voice was hoarse. He was suppressing so many choked sobs. Seeing Xie Lian hurt his heart. Seeing him reminded Hua Cheng he could never have this person. And he hated himself for not being able to take such a fact.

It was normal for no one to love him that way, much less the prince. Who would love an ugly monster like him?

He thought he had improved, but his childhood memories still affected him.

Xie Lian looked at his appearance, his stunning face, his dark hair, his beautiful gem eyes, his lovely honey skin, his pale pink lips.

So handsome.

Xie Lian didn't know what came over him, maybe it was his impatience, maybe the urge to calm Hua Cheng down, maybe because there was no one else around, he suddenly lifted himself up using his toes and pressed his lips against Hua Cheng's.

The clock struck midnight.

Hua Cheng's eyes widened. He froze. He even forgot to breath. But soon after, he kissed Xie Lian back, slowly, gently, lovingly.