Episode 04: Are you ready?

Start from the beginning

Tap was somewhat concerned about Jack because of his sharp personality, which was unlikely to make others feel comfortable. Yesterday, Jack did not enter the chat room and turn on the microphone to chat because he was in the office until three in the morning. When he returned home, he probably took a shower and went to bed. He and Tee did not ask how difficult it was to carry extra responsibility. How tiring it could be.

"It's not difficult. I will make sure that my Nong is comfortable in the next semester," Jack replied, and everyone turned to look at the boy with the same gaze, waiting for a reason in the world that would make Sad Man escape from the clutches of his boss. They could only speculate.

"Cher, did the company offer to hire you immediately after you finished your internship?!" Zo looked at the world in a positive light. He wanted to believe that, but the reality was so bleak that he had to face the fact that the boss only cared about the sound of his voice.

"No."

"Then there's nothing exciting, is there?" Tee pouted while still glancing at him.

"Seriously, our boss, is a fan of mine, really!" the sharp-faced kid exclaimed, and everyone couldn't help but show disbelief. The most severe reaction was Tee's, whose eyes, nose, and mouth all dropped. As for Zo, he seemed worried, just raising his hand to cover his mouth.

"Don't lie"

"Cher, if you're lying, let the heavens strike you down."

"Don't joke about sacred things. It's already the rainy season," Tap raised his face and looked up at the dark sky.

"Wow, how is it possible? What made the owner of a gaming company like your skills so much while I, a godlike person, stand aside you leading the team like this?" Tee couldn't believe it. If Jack said, 'The kid is joking, right now' it might be more believable than anything else!!!

"Well, um-"

"The boss just likes my voice."

"Huh?"

Unable to swallow or speak, Tee's face turned pale. Everyone looked at him as if they wanted him to elaborate more than this. But that's it. How can it be explained properly? Because even he himself didn't want to believe it.

"The boss has trouble sleeping, so he watches ASMR videos on YouTube, and he likes my channel the most. Now, whenever he hears my voice, he immediately knows."

"Grumble... Everyone except Jack frowned a little, as if trying to help their limited brains process how ASMR and the boss's golden-age mood were connected.

"It's simple. When the boss likes the sound, he wants me to do ASMR one-on-one."

"Huh... What do you mean by that? Does it mean you have to sit in front of him and eat?"

"If that's the case, it means Cher, you must be in a tough situation," Tap said, even though they weren't related. But Tap had a glimpse of concern because in normal circumstances, where would someone ask the intern to sit down and listen to them while eating?

"Almost, but now Boss has me eat and listen to it through the phone," the sharp-faced kid took a breath. Instead of spending time doing other things like playing games, trash-talking, trolling threads, or updating news on the page, Cher had to sit and talk to this boss. Is that really necessary?

"And tonight, we have to do a FaceTime too."

"Your details are thorough, Jack."

"True, my friend has a job tonight." Normally, they would occasionally give their opinions after listening, but today, the drumroll didn't stop.