Justice

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes these chapters are based on and contain.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Tyla sighed, running her hand over her forehead as she typed away in her office. She glanced over at the time. At any minute, Oliver Queen was going to come in through the doors and they would finally be able to discuss business. Granting indigenous medicine, a leg up in research and opportunities for her and Queen, was a worthy pursuit. She took a sip of her lemonade with mint and ginger before the intercom on her land phone rang out. She pushed down her morning sickness before pressing the button on the phone. "Yes, Mercy," she said, holding back a cough.

"Clark Kent is here to see you. Should I let him in?"

She blinked. She called on him but she half-expected him to simply tell her to meet him back at his farm. "Uh...sure, and let Queen in when he arrives," she said before she leaned back against the chair and pressed a button underneath her desk. Her stomach turned and she drank from her lemonade again to settle it. She fought back a smirk. Mother's remedy...for all the times that she called out on the ridiculousness of it, here she was using it to calm her stomach.  In a couple of minutes, Clark knocked on the door and she got up. "Hi Clark, I didn't think you would come to be honest."

The man pressed his lips together. "I didn't want to go to the manor," he replied. "You said that you wanted to let me in on something?"

She inclined her head towards the door, motioning Clark to close it before she turned to her drawers on the far end of the room. "We've stopped the world from ending a couple of times," she said as she pulled out a thick manila folder. "With my child coming, I want there to still be one. I.... was looking into this with Chloe and Jimmy but well, we probably need you for this." She dropped the folder on the desk. "In the last few months, over a dozen patients have been transferred out of the high-security wing at Belle Reve. People who seem to show some pretty unusual abilities. LuthorCorp seems to be involved in it. There is a paper there that has Lex's signature for a 33.1. Chloe and I checked the facilities but there's no evidence."

Clark walked over to look through the contents. He was a little shocked that Tyla had this in her office. "This is pretty damning," he mused, arching his eyebrow. Tyla turning in Lex seemed very unlikely, but the man constantly balanced between scales of morality.

"Chloe did an analysis. The signatures are either forged by Lana or Lionel." A glance towards her from Clark told her that he already talked to his ex-girlfriend about the dangers. Something that ultimately failed. "Lex is actually helping me trying to compile-" Well, he was distracting his father, pulling certain strings while she slowly exposed Lionel but maybe that was too much for Clark to gather. "Things could get very dangerous."

"And you know for a fact that it's Lionel and not Lex?"

"Besides alibis for certain things?" She leaned against her desk and picked up her drink. "Dr. Casselli was the leading physician there. He's been in and out of prison before the ink dries on his fingerprints with every meteor case Chloe and I throw into the world. Recently, a LuthorCorp lawyer paid a visit to the good doctor right before his last release. One who was directly hired by Lionel."

"So, you're working this from the inside out." He chuckled almost in disbelief. This was the Miracle work at hand. If it was anyone who would be a source in the organization, it would be her. "Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because six facilities have been hit lately. All proving to be a fruitless search because 33.1 is out in the either right now."

"I haven't been doing that."

"It's fine, Clark." She reminded him. "The cameras are off and there's no audio here. All those facilities were peripheral research. Things that aren't really that valuable. Not unless we find the mainframe but I'm looking for it."

"No, I really didn't do that," he protested.

Tyla sighed and pulled out a picture from the folder. She placed in front of him and tapped it with her finger. "I pulled off a single frame from a security camera from one of the break-ins before I wiped it all. You're telling me that there's another person moving faster than a speeding bullet?"

"It's not him." Both Clark and Tyla turned around to see Oliver walk in slowly. "I-uh...knocked," he added sheepishly.

"And how would you know?" Tyla asked, unsure if the unsettling in her stomach was once again morning sickness or if it was the chance that she said a bit too much in front of the billionaire. 

"Meet Green Arrow."

Any other person would have been floored by Clark's words. But Tyla gave an incredulous look between the two men. Green Arrow?! The notorious vigilante that has been running around and foiling plans all over metropolis. "You tried to kill Lex," she said, with a determined look towards the blonde man.

"He's done a lot to deserve it." Oliver said, simply.

"Okay, well, if you're harboring some speed too then-" she then waved her hand and glared at Clark. "I didn't miss this part of helping you." It was a comment that directly related her to Clark more than anything. Clark gave a shrug, trying not to feel slight joy that he was slowly getting his friend back. "You know what? If they're on our side, fine."

"You're on our side?" Oliver asked.

"Believe it or not, I was part of the superpowered team not so long ago," she crossed her arms. "Were you keeping an eye on me this whole time? Thinking I was turning into some evil mastermind. My father-in-law is putting Lex through hell with this project under his name. I intend to find out what it is and why before I give birth, thank you." She ignored Oliver's face as it went from recognition to defeat and then sheer shock. "I knew the project project was too good to be true."

"It can still stand," Oliver added. He gave her a quirky smile. His ambition with working with her wasn't a lie even if the pretense was a bit false. But one can't be too careful when one hears that Lex Luthor married a powerhouse. The question was what kind of a powerhouse was she?

A small glint of a smile flashed in her features before she turned towards her desk. She closed her window of her computer and popped up a file with transport records. "Well, then if this is a team effort, we need more manpower. I've put together a list of all Lionel's holdings within a 100-mile radius. It looks like in the last few days, there's been a flurry of equipment transfers from Ridge Facilities towards the outskirts of Metropolis."

Oliver and Clark moved around her desk to look over her shoulder. "There was nothing there," Clark replied.

"Well, you put Lionel on the defensive so, of course, you wouldn't have," Tyla mumbled. "About half a ton of lead shielding, electrical pressure plates, more than $20 million worth of equipment to measure high velocity particles was taken to the docks to go across the globe. Lionel's taking them off shores. Whatever he knows, he's going to test it out on others."

"We need to stop him," Oliver said. "I'll go, can you drop off the coordinates of these facilities at my place tomorrow?"

"I can give you one now?" She looked up. "A large facility on the island of Corto Maltese. But we're going to need more than just us."

The look on Oliver's face was sheer determination. "I can put together something." 

Clark noticed Tyla chuckle and then shake her head. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing just reminded me of something that I saw once," she replied. Clark had a feeling it had to do with her clairvoyance. "Something like Justice League."