Architype

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contain from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

"I can't believe that we're going to have a debate about this," Tyla walked into the study and placed her purse on the grand piano while Lex made his way towards the cart to pour himself a drink. She started to laugh as she looked over towards her husband who had a mocking look on his face as he poured himself a glass of whiskey from the decanter.

"It's not a debate," he corrected her. "A gentleman always pays for the date."

She shook her head. "Lex, we're married. I think your money is my money and vice versa," she narrowed her eyes toward him, jokingly. The whole matter started when she was about to pay for the dinner with her card, but Lex had beaten her to it while she went to the washroom. He had placed his card all too strategically so by the time they had dessert, Tyla was told that everything was paid for already.

Even if it was the same money.... Lex watched her. She started to take off the straps of her golden shoes. They were subtle compared to her burgundy gown. It was a lively combination compared to his usual all-black attire. "Honey," he started to say as he put down his glass and walked towards her. "As much as I appreciate you paying.... or attempting to." He ignored her as she made a face and placed his hands on her waist. "I'll pay for it all." He leaned in and kissed her.

"Mmmm..." she lingered a bit before she kissed him back. "Quite the charmer, Mr. Luthor."

He chuckled. "Always." He kissed the top of her head before he turned towards his CD player. It took him only moments to find the right song before he turned back to her. "Besides it was part of our vows."

Tyla raised an eyebrow as he walked toward her. "Paying for everything?" She teased. She all but yelped as he reached for her hand and pulled her to him.

He held her, wrapping one arm around her waist, and started to dance with her. "Making sure I ease your burden," he mused. "Taking every opportunity to show you that you matter to me."

"Charmer," she repeated, leaning in to give him a kiss. He started to deepen it, enveloping himself in their passion when there was a knock on the door.

A small growl of annoyance escaped from his lips as he broke away from her, albeit hesitantly. "Yes?"

"Mr. Luthor, sorry for the interruption but Clark Kent is here to see you."

It shocked him. Clark hadn't come by to see him in a long while. He looked from his guard to Tyla and tried to think about the possible reasons that Clark would be here. As far as he knew, Tyla and Clark were still friends but apparently now, he was able to be in the room. Tyla nodded towards the guard to let the younger man in. At least he was being polite and not barging in. However, all he could do was stare when Clark came in.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," he greeted, civilly. He paused to look around. Music, formal wear, a drink at hand. "Maybe I was..."

"No, it's fine," Tyla dismissed as she walked over to the cart to have a glass of water. She was still in the habit of not drinking alcohol. "I guess you're here to see if there are any updates." She glanced over to see the men look at each other, awkwardly. "Um...should we address the elephant in the room?"