Outcome

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

"What do you mean Dr. Groll's lab is cleaned out? This schematic can't be all that's left." Lex yelled into the phone as he leaned back in his seat at his desk. "What about all the research?"

"It's gone. All gone," the director of the lab replied. 

Lex could tell that the man was flinching on the other end of the phone. It had become clear that Lex was the harsher one when it came to dealings. As an employee, it would be easier to talk to Tyla. "Just find him." Lex barked. He all but slammed the phone on its stand before seeing a skinny-looking photographer come into his purview. He remembered one of his security guards telling him that there was a James Olsen who wanted to speak to him.

"Mr. Luthor, thanks for seeing me." He said, carefully coming towards the desk.  The billionaire had never seen this man up close. He had never even met him. He only knew based on what Tyla told him about. From what he saw, James Olsen was a small-looking type of man, albeit seeming quite with the camera in his hand. 

"Because your girlfriend is out for lunch with my wife right now, that's the only reason why you're here, Mr. Olsen," Lex said, briefly. 

"Uh, would you mind if I start with a few pictures?"

Lex tensed up. "Actually, I do." He had a ton of work to go over, one task didn't include a meeting for a photo-op. "I'll have my personal assistant send you a publicity shot."

Defeated, Jimmy quickly took a seat in one of the chairs that were in front of the desk. "Right."

All Lex did was huff. He didn't offer. James was not staying long. "So, what is this about?" He asked.

"Okay, then," Jimmy said with a chuckle. However, it came out as rather nervous. "Down to business." From his messenger bag, he took out and plopped a bunch of photos in the middle of the hardwood surface. "What exactly is your connection to this man, Mr. Luthor, and what was in the steel case that he gave you?" He pointed to the first photo where Dr. Groll had come out of the limo.

Lex picked up another picture, it was a license plate of the limo; Luthor3. A look of surprise passed through his eyes as he looked through the photographs. What was his father doing in the late night, meeting with the doctor under his employ? However, he wasn't going to give Jimmy any hint of a lead. Mutual connections aside, he was still a reporter. He sighed, giving the impression that he was unfazed.

"Can I take that as a "no comment?"" The photographer asked causing both of them to chuckle.

"Try doing better research, this is my father's limo. My license plates have "Lex" in them." He started to say as he reached forward, smiling as Jimmy seemed to recoil in fear. But all he did was press a white button on his intercom. In a small moment, a security guard came walking in. "Mr. Olsen has to get back to Metropolis. Makes sure he finds the way out." Lex watched as the guard motioned the photographer to get up before adding. "A word of caution, if you ever try anything like this again, you'll be leaving through the window, no matter who you're dating." 

A small smile of satisfaction etched on his face as Jimmy was being walked out or rather the guard who had a hand gripped on the photographer's arm has hauled him out of the study. Upon the door closing, Lex reached into his pocket for his cell phone. Without a single glance to the phone pad, he dialed the number and then pressed phone to his ear. There was only a single ring before he heard her dulcet tones greet him.