"No."

"Okay. God, I can't let you read this in the paper. But....Ummm...so Tyla's pregnant," she blurted, gauging the shock on his face. 

There was surprise with a hint of upset, probably because he wasn't told right away. "Well, that's good," he finally replied, chewing the words as he snatched the newspaper from her hands.

"But hear me out, she's nervous about having a child. She misses the friendship that we all had."

Clark looked down seeing the words that were printed on the page.

Was this where it all started? A former miracle worker with the press rising to new heights as a board member and then sets her eyes on Clark Kent, son of a senator.

"It says that I might be the father?! What?" He all but yelled. A group of people sitting at the few tables nearest them looked over. "I can't- we didn't-" He looked down at the picture of Tyla when she had blue hair, eating lunch with him.

"I know, someone is twisting the words, but we were having this exact conversation," Chloe explained. "Like try, word for word."

"I need to talk to fix this," he stammered. He started to walk towards the door, but Chloe reached forward to grab his arm.

"No wait, you think she isn't going to exact her Miracle Angel skills to this?" She added. "Gossip articles are nothing for her."

"I have to do something," he mumbled, pulling away from his friend and marched right out the door. She started to run after him, but he was already gone, leaving her to simply sigh. With any luck, Tyla may already know and be putting together something at this moment.

*****

The bond between Clark and Tyla is clear. But perhaps the wealthy business mogul was on to them. "Knowing him, it was about safety," the source admitted. Could it be for them in fear that Lex Luthor's fears came true? Or was it for the baby? Lex Luthor and Tyla Nevin met back in 2002 when she began to work as a public relations attendant at LuthorCorp-

Lex couldn't read any more of it. In retrospect, he probably shouldn't read any of it. But the picture of him and Tyla was glaring at him that it was difficult not to wonder. He stormed into the conservatory with a scowl on his face, where Tyla had just taken a bite out of her French toast. She looked so innocent, what with her blue jogging shorts and grey tank. She crossed her legs, absorbed with the latest letter from Ana before she glanced up. She looked almost worried as he came over. But he could recognize her questionable glances from a mile away.

He slammed the gossip page on the glass table. It shook with such force that Tyla instantly picked up her orange juice to keep it from spilling. "Care to weigh in on this?" He asked, gritting his teeth.

Tyla tilted her head to the side, reading the headline. She dropped the letter on the table and picked up the newspaper. Her eyes darted across the page. "Oh, no..." She slowed the last syllable as she read.

"Oh no is right," Lex growled, furiously.

"No, like "oh, no." She glanced up at him. His eyes were lit up with anger. "Lex, I don't know what to say-"

"Then let me," he grabbed the paper from her and read out loud in a seemingly thoughtful tone. ""To be honest, I miss him but he seems more distant than ever." Sounds like you. I knew you cared about him, but I didn't realize how deep that ran."

"Lex," she moaned, putting her hand to her forehead, and leaned back against the couch. "I never had an interview with Linda Lake. You know she's as credible as the "fresh shrimp" around here." Her cell phone began to ring, and she leaned over to see that it was from Chloe. She sent the call to voicemail and then looked back up at her husband. There was hurt in his eyes. She was about to speak when Lex's assistant walked into the study. It was typical, being Lex's personal assistant, she knew firsthand that the man needed to be at Lex's beck and call nonstop.