24; Tears of Gold.

Start from the beginning

It's not like he would get scolded about that, he's way beyond that. However, if she knows he did that for a woman, he wouldn't hear the end of it and he wasn't ready for that. Not to mention, even if she had realized he lied about taking days off, she hadn't said a thing surprisingly.

It was almost as if she was taking whatever was given to her.

"The way you're speaking, sounds as though Aahil does nothing but trouble you." Aadil said instead, choosing to put a lid on the guilt. He convinced himself what's done is done, he should enjoy the moment as well. "And yet he has the mouth to blabber about being your favorite."

"Do I smell jealousy, Aadil?" She teased, her tone filled with amusement.

He huffed out a breath. "Of course not." Even though he said that, he still pulled her a bit close to him—resting his head on hers, giving her a little squeeze. Regardless of his words, he wouldn't deny it elsewhere that he is his mother's son.

He doesn't feel ashamed to admit it, not in the slightest bit. Why should he? What's there to be embarrassed about loving your mother and being that close to her? Besides, it's not like anyone would dare to make fun of him—at least not to his face so he's okay with that.

Maa hummed, an action that shows her not believing him, but not saying a thing about at the same time. Blowing it a breath, she wiggled slightly to find a more comfortable position, and when she found it, she suspired a relieved breath again. "Leave your brother out of this. He'll forever be my baby."

"Wow." Aadil stated blankly, not bothering to hide his mock surprise. He could already imagine the annoying man's voice whispering, 'I told you so'. He would've said that without a doubt had it been that he hadn't stepped out to meet a close friend of his, leaving the two alone. "No wonder he likes to tag along everywhere." He huffed out a breath.

For her to even travel back to Bauchi to meet her oldest son, Aahil still tagged along and made it his life mission as always to annoy the living crap out of Aadil, who wasn't too happy to see him. He'd rather see his mother alone, and not the guy that knew nothing about staying out of his lane.

Brothers. Sighs.

"Well, I do need one of my son's at least be there with me always since you are never around." She shrugged.

"He travels around as well." Aadil was quick to point, so as to not take the blame alone. "I mean; he even lives abroad. At least I'm in the country."

Maa held back the urge to roll her eyes. She without a doubt has a good relationship with her eldest son, both sons actually. When it comes to Aadil, she's pretty close to him—almost like best friends. Reason being, she had him when she was pretty young, so the difference between them isn't like other parents.

Hence, he grew to be her best friend and vice versa.

"Aahil works abroad. It's not easy trying to become a famous footballer." She was quick to come to her younger son's defense. "He's out there chasing his dreams."

"Or more like out there looking for ways to impress ladies." Aadil mumbled not so lowly.

The statement earned him a slap on his arm, and a slight pinch as well. "Oh shush. Just wait, you'll see. One day, he will become a famous footballer in shaa Allah and even to see him will be hard for you." She's probably Aahil's biggest supporter without a doubt.

At this point, both sons wouldn't be surprised if they see her start a fan club for him. To think she doesn't know a thing about football before. The minute he expressed his interest in pursuing a career in it, she was always seen stuck in front of the screens, watching matches and surfing the web to learn about.