22; Love to hate you.

Four Years Ago.

ATBUTH, Bauchi State.

Holding a bottle of water in his hand, Aadil made his way to the VIP room he had gotten for Inaya the day before. It was a little over seven in the morning, and the hospital is yet to be bustling with people much to his relief.

He had left earlier after subh when Inaya went back to sleep after praying. He took that as the chance to go home and take a shower, convinced that nothing would happen to her at the moment.

He had spent the night with her, or more like seated at the far corner of the room with so little sleep. He probably only slept for like an hour as much as he can recall; before he was wide awake again and keeping watch as if someone would show up and harm her again.

Safe to say, he was paranoid. He couldn't get the image of her fainted figure on the ground, or the words she had said to him before she fell asleep out of his mind. He didn't want to let it get to him; hence why he tried so hard to convince himself that he only stayed with her because she has no one.

And after being told that she was poisoned, it was clear someone was after her life. Why wasn't he surprised? Even though he hadn't gone through her information then, he heard about her reputation.

It was only certified when he decided to check the background check of hers sent to his email instead of wasting the night away in silence like that. He was supposed to do that long before anyways, but because he was occupied with something personal, he couldn't.

Time seemed to have went by pretty quickly as he went through the information there. And that included the information was found regarding her connection with Rasheed. It seemed there truly was more than just a former love interest.

Now that he had seen, and read it all; he couldn't help but wish he was the one that actually sent the man to the hospital. Maybe breaking a few actual bones would relieve him...or maybe even more than that.

Nonetheless, it was safe to say, he saw her as less of a monster then—but he still didn't want to let go of his rope of hatred. He held onto it, clung onto it like it was his salvation; as if hating Inaya Sa'id is the only thing that will keep him sane.

He was still determined to draw a line between them before she could get any more ideas; the last thing he wanted to do was get entangled with her even more than he already is. With that thought in mind, he reached her room and pushed the door softly; so as to not interrupt her sleep. Once he has stepped foot in the room, his gaze fell on a sight he wasn't expecting; but wasn't surprised by.

Suspiring under his breath, he pushed the door close and then traipsed further into the room, only stopping once within earshot. His eyes gave the woman standing amidst the room a onceover, before arching a brow slightly. "I see you aren't dead yet." He commented dryly, turning around and walking to an empty chair there, settling on it.

Inaya's lips stretched into a fake smile; her eyes squinting because of it. "That upsets you, doesn't it?" With the way she stood in her uniform—looking all collected, one wouldn't believe she was the one that fainted the night before and was brought to the hospital. She had clearly already taken a shower and was looking refreshed.

"You bet." He didn't bother to deny it.

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head in the process. "Why do I even bother with you?" She mumbled under her breath, before turning around to face him again just in time he popped the water bottle open. "Wasn't that for me?" She inquired.

He nodded, "It was. But, not anymore." Taking the cap off, he then added. "I see you can function just well so get it yourself." With that said, he tilted his head up and brought the bottle to his lips—taking gulps from it.