Chapter 21: Swap of places

Comincia dall'inizio

It took me 10 laps to find the right time as I chilled and tried to be close enough so I can overtake then. Concerning their gap is only 1 sec And less than that while mine and Maxs was maximum 2 secs.

We passed the slow turns and activated once again the DRS but both Charles and Max had activated it too. They were wheel to wheel  and the DRS zone was almost over when I passed those idiots both with just sneaking from inside.

I was four seconds behind Adrian now. But now that I'm thinking of it better, I should have left Charles win him.

Although he seems relaxed, sure of himself since his teammate was gagging time so he can ensure his victory.  But not this teammate Adrian, I'm here for the win. This game is played with two Adrian.

Now here's the challenge. Thanks god Adrian when to pit knowing I was behind him but he didnt really know that I was  behind him.

That pit stop gave me an advantage of two seconds and now we were more stuck than ever. I was stuck behind him making visible my attack behavior even if everyone expected me to stay second due to some unlucky perspective of his.

However lap 50 I finally come to a DRS zone, we both activated and went for it, we were seconds ahead of other so it was just us, wheel to wheel again.

An event that reminded me of first grand Prix but it was a lot different this time, amd more complicated that it might seem at first.

Our eyes didn't meet through the dark helmets, it was impossible to look straight at each other in such rapid speed but somehow we still managed to synchronise our stares.

Adrian del Angelo I bet was in awe by my spontaneous moves, starting off from 6th and making my way up to 1st. In whatever car I'm in, he is always competition which I must crash.

I grin as I press the pedal harder gaining on speed and overtaking his place after what felt like a  hundred years pressed in a second. I pass him without permission and take the lead without hesitation as I already hear the team mumbling about it behind my ears.

The entire sections of bleachers screamed for Ferrari. For 16. Causing a loud scene as this was all I could hear expect the unsettling noises of my car since I end up winning the Singapore Grand Prix.

Victory just tastes so good in whatever tracksuit I'm in.

I Parked my car in the finishing lane with the rest of the drivers as I get off next. Still nervous but taking back by the today's event I let myself celebrate it by making my signature number which causes Charles to flicker in shock. 13, my signature number. People didn't pay attention but Adrian did.

And he was so confused. He was so confused.

"Good job mate." Adrian says the minute I stand down from my car, he had placed the helmet off his head as he aimed for a friendly hug. Yet his face still radiated a smug when my heart raced like it never had before the minutes I was within his arms.

Charles giggling through the helmet I eyed him through mine although I felt like mending in those strong arms of Adrian's.

"Victoria!" Toto shouts firmly walking towards me with the Ferrari team principal. Flashed in fury.

Oh, yeah I'm doomed.

"Yes!" 'Victoria' answers Toto by caling my name.

"Not you 'Victoria.' " says Vasseur , Ferraris principal, ironically even more angrier than mine.

Sweat dropped to my forehead along with worry, discerning the fury on display of their faces.

"Let's go." Totos hand wrapped around Charles shoulders and Vasseur as well lead me to the cool down room away from the public eye in order to protect the secret.