When I pay him, he invites us to stay and take a hit from his bong but I decline. I don't even hide the annoyance on my face when I get up to leave. I came here to buy drugs not to exchange friendship bracelets.

"Ready to go?" I ask Malice, who's focused on the host and the other customer, or should I say the pirate and his funny looking parrot.

She nods at me and gets up to follow me out. She doesn't say a single word, and when we're back in the car and I let out the laugh I've been holding in ever since the second guy showed up. "That guy's tattoos made him look like a walking graffiti wall."

Usually she laughs at my dumb jokes but I guess she's not in the mood. I offer her weed to relax but she doesn't want any.

"Where to?" I ask. "Want me to drop you off?"

"Not yet."

"Um, okay. Where do you want to go then?"

"Anywhere."

"Wanna go to your place?" I've only seen Ganondorf's house from the gates. I've been so curious to see the inside of his mansion.

"Not a good idea," she says. "I'd rather just go to the dorms. Or the frat house is fine too."

"Eh," I shrug. "The party was lame and the dorms suck. If somebody smells the weed, they'll call the RA."

"Then where do you want to go?" she asks me annoyed.

"I don't know? You're the one who wants to go somewhere."

"It doesn't matter where we go, I just want to take acid," she flings back at me.

"Fine, let me drop you off then?"

"That's–" She hurls a confused look at me. "That's even more lame than any previous suggestion!"

"But I don't really need to take acid right now, I'm just chilling," I explain.

"I don't care about the acid!"

"What? You just said–"

"Jesus Christ, take a hint, dude! I want to be with you!"

What? I look at her with so much confusion on my face. Why's she frowning at me with that puppy face? She's killing the vibe! Her eyes are practically begging to come home with me. Desperate much?

What am I gonna say to her? Fuck me! I'll have to turn her down!

"I don't know, Mal..." I start but she instantly cuts in.

"What don't you know?" She spits.

I try to think this over. I don't want to mess up the friendship but we're both adults here, right? Maybe this can be like a one time thing. I don't think she's looking for a new lover or anything, she's probably just been lonely since Ganon's arrest and needs to get off.

"If I take you to my place... I mean..." I have to make sure we're on the same page here. "It'd just be this one time, right?"

"Yeah, just tonight," she nods.

Are we really doing this? Ganon is gonna kill me if he finds out I slept with his ex.

"What's there to think about?" she complains. "I'm your friend!"

"Exactly! We're friends." Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all. "Look, it's not like I haven't thought about it but... Ganon is my best friend and you two used to date so..."

"Used to? We're still together!"

"Well–then–what the fuck? I'm not doing this if you're still with him!"