ℭ29: 𝔏𝔢𝔳𝔦'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔷𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

Depuis le début

Slamming down on the desk I bark, "Listen here, what everyone saw was a clearshot sign that we have been betrayed. Your hurt eyes, stop throwing up your tears from them. It's worthless. It was my fault as your captain for not prepping for this. I will take responsibility. I will get your comrades back to you. But,what I am about to say, is leaked outside this tent...."

z

I speak loudly towards Hanji, "Hanji you have their room's spare keys right? If the information leaks, don't hesitate to burn their belongings."

"....I couldn't give a damn about who the traitor is, if there's even one left among us. Mark my words, you will pay the price for the mistakes of that person. Consider this a warning or caution, it's immaterial, it's just a stark reminder to protect what is rightfully yours. Your possessions, your very safety, hinge on the outcome of this situation."

Leaving the tent with their shocked faces visible to me I heard Hanji say something that irked me

"You are ruthless. What you did was fucked up Levi."

"You really think that matters Hanji? If there's even a shred of doubt about the existence of a traitor among us, we are treading on dangerous ground.It is my damn responsibility to utilize their emotions, exploit their fears, and extract something valuable from this chaotic mess. This was the most efficient way to get them to be vigilant, as a single slip-up will go into the ears of the titans and crush us all in one blow. What we are about to do, will only work on the unpredictability of it.I will do anything for that, remember that well Hanji."

My voice ended in a hoarse roughness as I quietened down as I tried to gather my thoughts.

"Argh, it's pointless arguing with you!"

"Hanji...."

"What now Mr Arsonist?"

"If a traitor is left after 24 hours, burn my belongings as well. If the team fails, the leader fails too. Does that sound better to your righteous head?"

I needed silence, I had to appease this woman fast. But things were different.

I don't know what got over Hanji but she rushed over without any explanation and was shot her hand towards me as I swatted it off but a smirk as if saying, 'Just as expected' laced her face.

Her leg twisted around mine as my hand made contact with hers. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground with her over me. This was odd....

I didn't particularly like it.

"That's a relief! I thought you turned into some emotionless pshyco!" A grin spread on her face as she gave me a threatening glance.

"Hanji, get off me. Why all this?"

"Hoh! Don't act coy Levi, we both know if you actually wanted to stop me, you would. Your hand instead of swatting mine would grab it and somersault me breaking my spine.I simply had to check, whether that emotionless bullshit you spouted there made you cynical." Her voice was cynical and lacked tact. She could have checked in various ways and tried the most unexpected way.

Well, it was her after all.

"You are the one disrupting my orders, get up now."

She raised herself off my body and gave a glance at me, "Heh...Did that make your stone heart race?... Anyways....what are your plans now, Are you serious about threatening them like this?If so, Kiyotaka rubbed off on you. This addiction to efficiency is only prominent in that boy."