part 7- Pain, Pain, Payne

Wires. Wires was all i could see, where they were coming from i had no clue. My body numb but mind awake. I began to stir, shifting slightly but the pain was impeccable. "No don't move" a sturdy voice demanded. All I could do was groan, I couldn't see that we'll. It was just a blurry mess. I could feel my hands but not my feet, then panic set in 'I could be paralyzed!' Hot liquid started streaming down my face. Tears. "I nee...need.." I stopped, I didn't know who I needed at this moment in time, my heart screaming Liam and my brain saying get your mom, but my heart overrode my brain. "Need Liam" I exhaled slowly, it hurt, every inch if my body hurt, doing anything caused me pain. But the thing was the only thing that could cure me at the moment was a certain Payne.

My vision cleared up. I was in a typical hospital room, plain white, blue curtains and a single chair in the corner, I wished to be occupied but I had no such luck. There steamed to be a pile of cards, flowers and presents in the corner opposite my hospital bed. People had been and saw me in this state, a few tears escaped my brown eyes as I was all alone. "Poppy" A voice questioned, I twisted my head in the direction of the males voice. "L-Liam" I stuttered, tears brimming in the corners of my eyes. "Don't cry baby" Liam's soft voice cradled me, his thumb made its way to my face wiping away the escaping tears. "Liam" I cried. All I could do was repeat his name. I never realized how much he meant to me till I almost lost him and every thing ed e in my life, I could have just never woken up. Scary thought, one day your happy alive the next day, bam!! you never wake up.

"I'm here baby, I'm here" Liam's soft voice crooked. He had been crying. His hand held onto mine as if he was scared I would disappear. "I'm sorry" I blurted out, fighting the tears back. "What why are you sorry?" I faced my beautiful Liam's, his face scrunched into a frown with tear stained cheeks and fresh tear tracks. "I'm sorry because I shouldn't have put you through this" I sobbed. Liam squeezed my hand in reassurance that he would be by my side no matter what. "You couldn't help this that's why it's called an accident silly" Liam chuckled slightly, causing me to snigger. "Liam I ju-just...." I felt like I was slipping away, I heard Liam's voice it seemed to be getting quieter. "She's arresting, BP spiking" I heard I think a nurse shouting. Was this it? would I ever see Liam again?

***

Liam's P.O.V

"Sir you can't go in yet she's ..." I pushed passed the short and stumpy nurse. All I could think about was my baby was hurt and they couldn't stop me from seeing her she needs me, more than ever! "Poppy" I shouted, shoving the door entering into her hospital room. there were tubes, wires and machines everywhere. I stopped in my tracks looking at my beauty, cuts all up her body, over her face. She looked limp lifeless. I was used to Poppy being energetic, outgoing and loud, not quite, lifeless and helpless. Tears started falling down my face from my eyes. My vision clouded with tears. I wiped them away, I need to be strong for Poppy. My feet took me to her bed side, her pale hands twitched as I picked them up kissing them softly. "Poppy it's okay I'm here and I'm not leaving" I spoke to her as the nurses left giving us space. "I need you to be okay" I sobbed letting tears trickle down my face, hitting Poppy's hands in my grasp. Her frail body started shifting in my arms, I could only wish, dream, hope that she was okay. I can't cope with not being able to hold her fully in my arms, to hear her innocent laugh, see her lush brown orbs sparking at me or to even just kiss her soft, sweet, addictive lips.

"No don't move" I spoke sternly, hoping she heard me and she did, replying with a groan. My heart jolted, she was speaking. Tears. Tears started pouring from her eyes, it pulled on my heart strings that she was crying. Her mouth opened as she started to force words together. I held onto her hand kissing up her arm, my Poppy was coming back to me. From the moment I heard about her in an accident I haven't been able to concentrate, I called Harry, Louis, Ilham and Perrie to inform them about the accident, telling them all to meet me at the hospital. Without my friends and brothers (the boys) using know what I would be doing now, Beth told me that I needed to be by Poppy's side. Now I know why Poppy loves Beth dearly. "I ne-need" Poppy mumbled thrashing her body around "I need Liam" she screamed. Wait she said my name, there was me thinking I would have to get Beth because I was unwanted. "Liam" Poppy muttered, opening her gorgeous brown eyes, she stared right at me "I'm here baby, I'm here" I whispered kissing the top of her head. She was awake, my Poppy was awake.

Her eyes fluttering, revealing her gem like brown eyes, her lips forming perfectly after every word. I have missed that smile of hers. A nice nurse came in with a clipboard "I'm just coming to check her vitals Mr. Payne" she pondered over to Poppy's bedside "Poppy glad your awake, I'm just going to check somethings making sure there is no brain damage okay" her voice was calming, I could tell as poppy relaxed back onto the bed. The nurse did what she needed chatting away to keep Poppy relaxed and alert. "Did you know this young man has been waiting by your side ever since you got here" the nurse carried on chatting. Poppy looked at me pure shock on her face "you waited with me" she half whispered, making me smile. She was so sweet and innocent. "Yeah. I would never leave you" I whispered back, staring deeply into her orbs, she couldn't deny the connection we have. "Well your fine and will most likely be discharged tomorrow" the nurse squeaked before exciting the room. Poppy looked at me smiling ear to ear. "What's that smile for?" I asked leaving over her, smothering her in kisses "I'm just appreciating you. Thank you Liam. Thank you" she giggled, cupping my chin and pecking my lips softly. "You don't need to say thank you just kiss me at again" my rugged voice vibrated through my chest. She responded to my wish, sitting up and placing her hands on my cheeks pulling my head forward to connect my lips with her lips. The sparks that I felt when we first kissed were still alight. I slipped my hands to her back, she hooked her arms around my neck, running her hands through my quiffed up hair. "Wow. I will cone back" I heard a recognisable voice. We disconnected our lips turning to face Beth stood there smiling ear to ear. "Beth" Poppy shouted, still looking embarrassed, her cheeks sparkling pink. I unhooked myself from the beauty in front of me, smiling like a goof as Beth and Poppy hugged. "I was so worried you were on your way to mine and you never turned up" the girls giggled as I watched.

"Hey mate" a deep voice called as the door opened. Harry curly Harry. "Hey pops" he said waving. I stood from my seated position man hugging Harry "how you holding up?" He pondered "as best I can in this situation" I said pulling my fingers through my hair. In actual fact I was stressed far beyond I was showing, but my priority was Poppy and only her...

Only time would tell if Poppy and Liam shared how they actually felt with one another or not.