Chapter 24

I slugged around in my wet clothes as I waited for Lukas to get back in the car. I was in the parking of the local Walmart, waiting in the car for Lukas to come back with some dry clothes. I only let him go because he was more dry than me.

My face was still slightly red from blushing because my clothes were so wet, that you could kinda see my bra. To top it off, I had to tell Lukas my bra and underwear size so he could get me a dry change. Not something you want a boy to know.

Okay, for those of you who are wondering, this is what happened.

////////////////////////////////
2 hours ago
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." Lukas said with a smirk, turning I the steering wheel again as we took another left turn.

I turned on the radio to Fall Out Boys, 'Jet pack blues.'

I started humming to the lyrics. 'I'm the last one that you'll ever remember.
And I'm trying to find my peace of mind. Behind these two white highway lines. When the city goes silent. The ringing in my ears gets violent
She's in a long black coat tonight. Waiting for me in the downpour outside. She's singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears. While the rhythm of the rain keeps time.'

I completely stopped caring what Lukas thought, busting out singing the song. "And I remember 'Baby, come home.' I remember 'Baby, come home'
Did you ever love her? Do you know?
Or did you never want to be alone?
And she was singing 'Baby, come home.' I remember 'Baby, come home.'
I've got those jet pack blues. Fight off the light tonight and just stay with me. Honey, don't you leave
Don't you remember how we used to split a drink? It never mattered what it was. I think our heads were just that close. The sweetness never lasts, you know."

Somewhere along the way, Lukas joined in. We continued to the end of the song, waiting until the next song came on. It was Florence + the Machine, 'No light, no light.'

I started singing the song immediately, but Lukas didn't join me. He just glanced at me a few times as he drove, an odd smirk plastered on his face. "But it's a conversation, I just can't have tonight. You want a revelation. Some kind of resolution. You want a revelation.
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes, I never knew daylight could be so violent. A revelation in the light of day, you can't choose what stays and what fades away." I sang. After that, my mind started telling me, dude, you're singing in front of Lukas and sounding like an idiot. Oops.

I stopped singing and resorted to humming again.

"Keep going. You good." Lukas said.

I could feel warmth rising to my cheeks. I hate it when people hear me sing then they say 'it's good' or "keep going' and your thinking 'h3|* no, I won't sing for you, you idiot,' but you end up just sitting in awkward silence because you don't actually say anything to them. Yeah, well that's what happened.

I stared down at my feet, remaining in silence until the car came to a stop.

I followed my glance up, looking at my surroundings, finding that Lukas had driven us to the woods.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

I rolled my eyes at this, getting out of the car.

Lukas did the same, walking around the car to my side.

"Pick your poison." Lukas said, holding out his closed fist. "Pick one. Whatever it is, you have to take it."