"No way, you just got here", Xavier scowled, standing with his back pressed up against the passenger door protectively, "since when do you run everything?".

"Since now", I heard his reply, my brother's back blocking most of my view, "tell him Zane, he obviously sat there on the way".

"I'd rather no conflict at all", I pinched the bridge of my nose, "how was your session?".

"Fine", was all I got in reply, "move, or I'll kick your ass". Give me strength.

"No, I'd like to see you try", Xavier taunted him, and before I knew it he was pulled into a headlock, "Zane!". I clambered out of the car and rounded it, pulling the pair of them apart before they embarrassed me in this parking lot any further.

"Have some sense", I gritted out, "Alexander, the backseat". His eyes met mine, full of anger, and I stared right back at him, daring him to challenge me; I noticed Xavier wiggling his eyebrows at his twin in triumph to my side, he stopped immediately after I glared at him.

My youngest brother got into the car, slamming the door way too forcefully for my liking, the proper way to describe his actions would be deemed sulking. Xavier got into the passenger seat with a smug smile on his face, the pair of them were just as bad as the other.

"You need to learn that your actions have consequences Alexander- you can't hurt your brother and expect a reward", as much as it pained me to 'punish' him for what I knew he couldn't help, I knew I had to have these conversations with him.

I was his parent first and foremost his brother afterwards.

"I didn't hurt him", he said and I glanced over my shoulder at him, he was biting his nails and had his gaze fixed on the window, refusing to look anywhere else.

"But you would've had I not intervened", I stated, "and I know- I know it's out of your control, but there need to be boundaries in place Alexander, I'm doing it for your sake". He stayed quiet, in fact the whole car was silent, and I briefly looked at Xavier as I began to drive; he gave me a sheepish smile before buckling his seatbelt.

"I'm proud of you for going to therapy today", I said after a few excruciatingly long minutes passed, peering at my brother through the mirror above my head. He dropped his hands from near his mouth and faced forwards, his shoulders slumping slightly in what appeared to be relief.

~

"Some of my almost favourite Delgados!", I watched as August climbed into the backseat, shuffling over so he was next to Alexander, "why the long face Xan?".

"August", I greeted the sixteen year old, turning to face him, "you okay?". He noted the double meaning behind that question, it had only been a week since he'd turned up on our doorstep afterall.

"All good", he grinned- too wide of a grin if you asked me, and attracted his attention to my brother, "therapy was today right? How was it?".

"I didn't know August was coming", Xavier said to me while those two made minimal conversation in the back, I just pulled off of the sidewalk with a small smile.

"I told you before we left", I recalled and he frowned, "Theo too, they're sleeping over".

"Oh", Xavier hummed, "I must've not been paying attention. Sorry".

"None of that", I reached out and ruffled his hair, focusing on the road as August's voice filled my ears.

"The therapist is hot right? Wren right?", I rolled my eyes and sent him a glare for a split second, "what? They'll be having their first crushes soon Zaney, they'll both get all of the girls". I stopped at a red light and side-eyed Xavier who was laughing to himself, and then Alexander who just shifted in his seat uncomfortably.