"Don't worry, I'm just this magnetic when it comes to children. Faheem is also my godson, after all." Madina bounced the baby in her arms, not sparing Mariam a glance.

"Who declared him your godson? I cannot remember doing that and for goodness sake come in. You were inside that car for centuries." Mariam moved away from the doorway and when Madina stepped in, she closed the door behind her.

More white greeted Madina's vision but she knew better than to talk about her friends choice. The house was moderately decorated, a few flowers and plants seasoned the living room. She smiled, the air was thick with felicity that made her nauseous.

Mariam showed her everywhere in the house while explaining the brand she's used and why she did it. Madina had no idea when her friend became such a talkative and why she finds joy doing so. Is that what being in love made people do? She gladly want no part of it.

Lastly, she was led to the back door where a large swimming pool was located. Her jaw slackened at the sheer beauty of the place. Her godson still in arms, she rushed to the lounge chair and sat down. As though Mariam knew what she wanted to do, she chortled and took her son away from her.

Shooting her a grateful smile, Madina raised her yellow mom's jeans to her knees and dangle her legs inside the pool, Faheem back in her arms

Shooting her a grateful smile, Madina raised her yellow mom's jeans to her knees and dangle her legs inside the pool, Faheem back in her arms. Mariam stared at the two of them for a second too long before she joined her by sitting beside her and raising her white abaya to her ivory thighs.

Shielding her eyes from the sun with her one hand, Madina meandered to stare at her best friend. "Life has been amazing it seems."

Mariam looks so relaxed with her upturned prominent cheekbones, bubbly light voice that matches her steps and eyes that shone and sparkle like the sun. Is that a laugh line beside her lips?!

Offering a rare grin, she answered honestly. "Yes, Madi. I can't believe I'm saying this but my heart is always so full. I barely think about anything horrendous and I'm always happy." For emphasis, she spread her hands wide open and said louder. "I'm happy!"

Tears gathered in Madina's eyes before she blinked them away. She's always dreamed about this moment where she sees Mariam happy. There is something addicting and infectious about a blithe Mariam.

Lowering the hand shielding her from the blaring sun, she took ahold of Mariam's hand and gave it a quick squeeze. "I'm so so glad that you've found your happiness even though I'm not gonna lie, your husband deserves some more beating."

Madina cursed herself when she saw the realization settling in Mariam's head. Of course, the woman is equally smart and knows exactly what happened to her husband. There was suspicion but now, she's hundred and two percent sure.

"You did that months ago right? I was suspecting that something was amiss! It was too similar to what I did to him." Mariam narrowed her eyes at Madina, her nostrils flaring.