"What has happened?" Asked Dumbledore sharply, looking from Fudge to Professor McGonagall, to Diana. "Why are you disturbing these people? Minerva, Diana, I'm surprised at yo– I asked you to stand guard over Barty Crouch-" he said but McGonagall talked over him.

"There is no need to stand guard over him anymore, Dumbledore!" she shrieked. 'The Minister has seen to that!" She said and Diana's heart sank as her eyes shot to McGonagall and then at Fudge with a furious look in her eyes.

She started to shake slightly and Sirius leaned against her, slightly whining.

"When we told Mr Fudge that we had caught the Death Eater responsible for tonight's events," Snape, in a low, emotionless voice, "he seemed to feel his personal safety was in question. He insisted on summoning a Dementor to accompany him into the castle." Dianas eyes widened, wishing what she thought wasnt true.

"He brought it up to the office where Barty Crouch-" but McGonagall once again talked over.

"I told him you would not agree, Dumbledore!" She stated. "I told him you would never allow Dementors to set foot inside the castle, but-"

"My dear woman!" roared Fudge, who now looked about as angry as McGonagall. "As Minister for Magic, it is my decision whether I wish to bring protection with me when interviewing a possibly dangerous-"
But Professor McGonagall's voice drowned Fudge's.

"The moment that– that thing entered the room," she screamed, pointing at Fudge, her hands trembling, "it swooped down on Crouch and– and-" Diana gasped slightly and put a hand over her mouth.

Pippa gripped her mothers arm so she would keep standing.

Diana didn't hear much of the conversation where Fudge refused to believe in Voldemorts return but her head shot up when she heard Dumbledore.

"we heard Barty Crouch confess. Under the influence of Veritaserum, he told us how he was smuggled out of Azkaban, and how Voldemort – learning of his continued existence from Bertha Jorkins – went to free him from his father, and used him to capture Harry. The plan worked, I tell you. Crouch has helped Voldemort to return."

"Yeah, under that same serum he also confessed a whole lot else." She bit, venom in her voice. Dumbledores eyes traveled to her. "I will talk with you later, Diana." He said. The woman huffed but didn't protest.

Fudge stumbled over his words, trying to explain the impossibility of Voldemort returning and Diana kept rolling her eyes at him and she felt Pippa's hands on her arm stiffen a few times.

Everyone jumped at the sound of Harry's voice. "You've been reading Rita Skeeter, Mr Fudge?" Diana turned to the boy and gave him a small, what she hoped to be, reassuring smile.

She was ready to curse Fudge into the next century when he continued making excuses and not believing anything.

Harry yelled and started naming people he knew where there.

Diana's head whipped around when she heard "Avery." On the list. She really, really hoped he had at least some guilt, but it became clear to her that he had the wrong thoughts.

Diana watched and listened as everything went down, though she was frozen to her spot, and Pippa next to her seemed to be too.

"There aren't many who'd have let you hire werewolves." Is one of the things Fudge said and she heard Sirius growl slightly.