Chapter 13 - Discretion

Börja om från början

His dark eyes roved over my body, leaving gooseflesh in his wake. A partial smile curled up one side of his mouth and I found myself biting my lower lip as he reached for me. With an relentless grip on my ass and fist in the braids at my nape, he gathered me against his firm body, the scent of cedar wood smoke and a hint of sharp pungent rosemary surrounding him. Uniquely him. He dragged me up until my face was level with his, then kissed me breathless in a possessive conquering that left no doubt I was at his mercy.

We rose into the air as he flew back towards his palace.

"I'm pleased with you, kitten," he rumbled when he released my mouth.

With my hands threaded in his hair and legs wrapped around his waist, I could tilt my head back enough to focus on his face. "Why, my lord?"

Again, that partial smile appeared. "Your discretion. Twice your friends have pressed you for details, and twice you've denied them. And, you befriended Anna today."

Ice froze my lungs as my heart pumped frantically. He'd been listening, as I suspected he could, and somehow, even though I hadn't said his name, he still knew. I'd be wise to never, ever underestimate him.

"You know Anna?" Had she said his name three times? Did he listen to her frequently? Was he able to read her mind? What had I said in her presence? Damn it. I couldn't remember exactly, but I didn't think I'd said anything negative.

His smile widened, fangs gleaming. "Indeed. Anna is mine, as you are, but her human frailty is something I'm working on rectifying so that I can claim her. Waiting is... tedious."

"You aren't... you aren't going to hurt her, right?" It was hard to get the words out, fear coating my tongue.

"Do I hurt you, little kitten?" Pazuzu laughed, his eyes glinting. "My plans for Anna involve many pleasurable years of fucking. Something about her calls to me."

I nodded before I could think better of it, then held back my wince. Stupid! Stupid, Mist!

Pazuzu's black eyebrow rose as he landed on the slate tile of the palace courtyard in his private wing. "So, you were also attracted to Anna?"

Fuck. I had no idea how to answer. Did I tell the truth or would that make him angry? I bit my lip, my stomach churning as I tried not to fidget. A cold sweat broke out on my back.

Breaking eye contact, Pazuzu licked a line over my neck then nibbled his way towards my ear. His hand on my ass moved to tear open the tunic over my breast so he could palm my nipple, creating a contrast of hot and cold, fear and arousal mixing within me and confusing my senses. "Do you like women as well as men, my sensual Valkyrie?" His voice deepened to a sinful purr in my ear. "Because while any male who has been with Anna is a dead demon walking, I'd be very interested in seeing her with you, in taking you both together. Would you like that?"

His hand plucked at my nipple as his teeth nipped my neck where my pulse beat a frantic tempo. Heat spread within me, flipping the adrenaline to a rapidly growing arousal that slickened my sex. A little whimper of sound escaped me.

"I think you would. If I slide my fingers"—his claws slashed open my trousers—"into this tight cunt of yours... ah yes, as I suspected. You're soaked, kitten. You'd be a good girl and fuck Anna with me, wouldn't you?"

I moaned, the erotic image he was painting in my head mixing with the flash of desire I'd felt earlier, heightened by my fear and his clever fingers gliding over my clit to thrust inside me. I rode his hand as he curled two fingers and pounded them into me.

"Answer me, and I'll let you cum," he demanded as I squirmed with shimmering heat coiling and building, the pressure intensifying.

"Yes. Yes, my lord," I cried out as my back arched and toes curled.