𝚁𝚒𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚎𝚜 - Jing Yuan

Start from the beginning

.

a/n: lmao in your dreams

.

.

.

.

.

The general finally woke up on the Seat of Divine Foresight after his.. risque fantasies, interrupted by Yanqing's constant nagging and yelling. He realized the kinds of thoughts he was having about you, giving himself a wake-up call. 'I better get a hold of myself..'

Though he might not like admitting it even to himself, he wanted you so fucking badly. He sighs for the nth time wondering how the hell did his subconscious even get there, to that extent.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"A cloud knight must never loosen their form, nor take their eyes off the opponent. Those rules are definite in a battle." Yanqing gave the general a nod, finishing his last strike. A figure leaped on a tree branch unnoticed and not a single sound made, sitting on it while watching intently. With Yanqing's unmatched focus on his strikes, he failed to pay attention to his surroundings, failing to notice you.

You chuckled heartily at him, acknowledging his efforts regardless. "A cloud knight must put one's attention to the opponent, but also be aware of one's surroundings, you never know if I might leap off this tree and ambush you." You sat there in ease with one leg up and an arm above your knee. "Y-yes Captain." Yanqing answered hesitantly before fixing his form.

You turn your head to see a slightly irritated Jing Yuan, after you haven't even bothered to glance at him since you came there. "Something wrong~?" You asked the cross-armed general in a modest teasing tone, after getting an idea of what's been bothering him. Though in the eyes of others it may seem like nothing, but you could read him like a book right now.

He wanted your attention.

Or perhaps a little more than that.

The general cleared his throat and averted his eyes. Man, Yanqing never thought he'd witness this moment in his life. "How cute.." You whispered to yourself, but you intended for the general to hear. He was seconds away from losing his composure, you would pay to see his expression right now again. You leaped off the tree, landing effortlessly, slowly approaching the bashful general.

.

.

.

.

.

"I could feel your breath from a mile away."

You said as Yanqing attempted to strike you from behind, siring your blade from thin air as you blocked his sword. "Aw man, you're too good." He striked again, but you deflected it once more, a little harder this time. Your body still facing Jing Yuan, while effortlessly parrying Yanqing from behind. "Just a second dear, brace yourself." You said as Yanqing prepared his form for another strike, but not a second after he was already blown away by your hit. No, literally. His back hit the trunk of a tree, still processing what the hell just happened.

"If one wishes to ambush an opponent, don't make your presence clear. If an assassination failed and you start dueling against said opponent, you already lost half of your mission. Keep that in mind."