Facing the Enemy

Harry POV

Lucas and I started walking. We saw the stairs, halfway down the stairs my scar started hurting pretty bad.

Lucas: You alright, mate?

I nodded and we kept walking down the stairs. When we reached the bottom, there was the Mirror of Erised and Professor Quirrell .

"You? No? It can't be! Snape?! I-it w-was Snape, right?!

Quirrell: Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?

I look over to Lucas, he doesn't seem surprised but he has his wand out, staring at Quirrell.

Harry: But he tried to kill me, that day?!

Quirrell: No, dear boy. I tried to kill you. And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little countercurse.

Harry: Snape tried to save me?

Quirrell: Yes, I knew you would be a danger to me, especially since after Halloween.

Harry: You are the one who let the troll in!!

Quirrell: Very good, Potter, yes. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone but Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone, never. Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?

'A sickly voice was heard, my scar started hurting way more again.'

Voice: Use the boy!

Professor Quirrell started after me until Lucas shouted something

Lucas: Glacius

The spell shot towards the professor

Quirrell: Protego

The professor blocked the spell but was impressed with the boy.

Voice: Take out Dumbledore before he becomes a problem

Quirrell: Bombarda! Confringo! Expelliarmus!

Lucas: Protego!

I watched as Lucas' shield slowly broke. The last spell shot his wand away.

Quirrell: Crucio!

Lucas: AHHHH!

Such screams. I never heard a scream like that in my life. And it was my fault. Lucas was just trying to save me. I could tell how much pain he was in but I couldn't do anything. So much for the great Harry Potter. I was interrupted from my thoughts when Quirrell grabbed me and pit me infant of the mirror.

Quirrell: Tell me boy, what do you see?

I look into the mirror, and for a few seconds, I'm standing next to Quirrell, then my reflection reaches into its pocket and pulls out a gleaming red ruby, the Philosopher's Stone; I stare in amazement as his reflection smiles and winks, then puts the stone back in its pocket; I feel my pocket and realizes the Stone really is in his pocket, then looks up again

Quirrell: Well? We are waiting

"I-I am shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've worn the House Cup.

Voice: He lies!