21

21 | cold truth

21 | cold truth

    The Lee residence was always the most grand place to be growing up. There was so much space everywhere with private tennis courts and pools the size of a field. Jisoo remembers riding horseback with Jimin back here as kids. The staff would bring them fresh lemonade after a day of playing and Aerin would brag about the chef her parent's hired and the amazing pasta they made.

Despite all of them coming from a lot of money, the Lee house was always the place to be.

Jisoo would be lying if he said he still didn't frequently come over still and today was one of those days. He knew Aerin wouldn't be here but she's not the reason he came. He came because if there was anyone who would understand where he was coming from it would be her mother.

"You know Jisoo," Aerin's mom started, "I have a lot of respect for you and your family and I always have. Your brother and my son went to school together. You and Aerin grew up together, your parents are our business partners so we've always been close."

"Of course," Jisoo said with an awkward clear of his throat, "That's why I came today, there was actually something I wanted to show yo—"

"But I'm sensing a lack of respect on your part," her mom continued, "And I won't have you disrespecting Aerin or this family with another one of those public stunts you pulled the other night. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes," Jisoo said in embarrassment.

"Now I've taken the liberty in calling Aerin over for the two of you to work it out," her mom said as she looked down at her magazine, "But I want to know the other reason why you called today."

"It's about Aerin's boyfriend," Jisoo said and the words tasted bitter in his mouth. He reached into the briefcase he brought and out came a black leather file that he stretched across the glass coffee table to hand her, "I found some information on him that I think you should see."

"Is he the one who did that to your face?" She asked still seeming unimpressed with him but he could move past that. Once she sees what he's found on this Jeon Jungkook guy then she'll understand that Jisoo is much better still.

       Aerin couldn't even pretend to be happy about being summoned back to her family home for the second time this week. She wore huge Prada sunglasses that still didn't manage to hide the clear distaste she has for being here and when she found Jisoo sitting comfortably across from her heart she nearly threw a tantrum.

"Why the fuck is he here?" Aerin asked as she stormed into the familiar sunroom looking more pissed off than when she walked into the house. Jisoo seemed to flinch but he tried to conceal it.

"Sit down," her mom said trying to direct her to one of the chairs but Aerin refused.

"No, fuck you both," Aerin said as she turned to leave again but it was no use. Her mom's driver stood at the entrance clearly ready to sit her down himself if she tried leaving. With an annoyed huff she marched right over to a chair and her mom's hand stuck out the black file.