t h i r t e e n

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

"THIS SHIT IS BANANAS."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"you guys should come visit for spring break!" joyce byer's voice rang throughout the small living space. will and el always called their parents on fridays to catch up. so now, the two college students are sitting on their couch, their moms face pulled up on facetime on el's ipad.

"yeah, we should!" will smiled as he played with the throw pillow that sat in his lap.

spring break was next week, and joyce was itching to see her babies again. jim was at work, but he promised to call them later.

"bring your friends, too! we really wanna meet max. and the others, of course." joyce smiled.

"of course. we'll ask, okay?" el assured her.

"okay, sweet girl. oh, your father's calling. gotta go, bye!" joyce ended the call.

el shut her laptop before throwing herself back on the couch.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

el swirled her straw around in her boba as she sat at the register of benny's cafe. it had been awhile since she had been into work, considering the small restaurant temporarily shut down due to lack of business. today was it's re-opening.

business had been booming all day, but right after lunch rush, it slowed down, so now she was waiting for new customers.

she took a sip of her chai boba-her favorite- when suddenly a chime sounded, signaling that someone was coming in. she straighten her posture, and when she looked up, she was met with the familiar faces of mike, lucas, and dustin. el smiled before greeting them, "hey guys."

"hey, el. i didn't know you worked here." mike spoke, the guys shared a glance, and they all shook their heads.

"yeah, i have worked here for almost a year. benny is my godfather." el nodded.

benny suddenly walked out of the kitchen, "well if it isn't my favorite customers!" he smiled.

"do you guys know eachother?" he cocked his head towards el.

"uh-yeah." lucas confirmed.

"ah. well, el, why dont you take your break and hangout with you friends after you get their order?" benny suggested.

"oh. sure. what would you guys like?"

the boys ordered their coffee, and lucas got a muffin, claiming that coffee makes him hyper, and then they all settled in a booth near the back. mike and el sat on one side, lucas and dustin on the other.

"since when was benny your godfather?" dustin asked as soon as they sat down. el quickly swallowed down the sip of boba she got before answering, "he and my father were good friends."

"oh yeah, speaking of my dad, he and my mom want to know if you guys would like to take a trip to hawkins with us for spring break?" el asked.