f o u r

CHAPTER FOUR

"AN ASSHOLE WHO CARES ABOUT YOU."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

el walked down the crowded corridor of the college.

max was home sick, and will was on the other side of campus. so she was forced to walk to her lecture alone.

el hated being alone, more than anything else.

she often spent many years of her childhood alone, her father was always at work, and she didn't have any friends. except for mike.

ever since they were reunited, he's all she could think about.

not in a romantic way, of course. she had missed mike, especially when she was younger.

during her teenage years, she often found herself wondering what is mike doing right now? does he miss me like i miss him? i wonder if he thinks of me.

el found comfort in her books, much like you would find comfort in a childhood stuffed animal, or a blanket.

her world revolved around the little worlds that were in captivated in pages.

ripped out of her thoughts, she slammed into something hard, but warm.

"im so sor-" she winced as she bent down to pick up her books.

"hey, el." his voice cut through the air.

"hi mike." el pressed her lips into a line as she stood back up.

"where are you headed?" he asked as he pushes curls out of his brown eyes.

"health science." she smiled before looking away.

"cool. see you around..?" he asked, more of a statement than a question.

"of course." el nodded before she took off to her next class.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

el was currently curled up in her bed, reading a book.

"el!" she heard max scream from the kitchen.

"yeah?" she groaned, not bothering to put her book down.

max busted into her room, "get ready. we're going somewhere."

"no, we aren't." el shook her head, she turned back to the book in her hands.

"come on! please!" she whined.

"take will with you, im busy."

"no, please just go!" she walked to el's bed to pull the blanket off.

max grabbed el by her wrists and pulled her out of bed.

"we're going to a small party, its only gonna be like twenty people." max begged, her icy blue eyes stared into el's soul.

"ugh. fine." el dramatically rolled her eyes.