t e n

CHAPTER TEN

"ARE YOU OKAY?"

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

after their extremely deep conversation, mike and el decided it would be best if she just stayed over at his apartment for the night.

it was already one am, and she was worried that if she tried sneaking back into her apartment she would wake will and max.

and let me tell you, waking up max is the equivalent of a death wish.

they cleaned up their small picnic, el gathered the blanket they sat on in her arms and carried it to mike's trunk. she placed the blanket inside before closing the door.

el made her way to the passenger side of the car, she stepped in and let out a sigh of relief as she sat down.

"everything okay?" mike asked as he looked up from his phone.

"mhm. just tired, thats all." she smiled before he quirked and eyebrow as to say, 'you sure?'. el only nodded and mike had shrugged before placing his hand on the back of her seat to back out.

el used this time to send max a quick text– if she woke up to el being gone she would loose her shit.

max ❤️🩹

hey, im staying over at mike's tonight. be home before 1pm, if im not send a search party to come looking for me 😘
delivered 01:37am

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

before long mike was pulling into the parking lot of his apartment.

they got out of the vehicle and mike grasped el's hand to lead her up the stairs.

they made their way up the staircase before they were stopped near the top of it.

"been awhile since you brought one home, yeah?" someone's voice, whom el didn't recognize, asked from their door.

"shut up, quin." mike said coldly, his arm around around el protectively, shielding her body from quin's line of sight.

"oh, come on man. i thought we were over this. let me see her." the tall blonde frat boy tried pushing past mike as he quickly unlocked his front door.

"fuck off." mike hissed, he pulled el clad against him.

"im just having fun." the other boy slurred his words, it was obvious that he had been drinking.

while mike was busy unlocking the door, quin was able to get a look at el.

"god damn. if you dont want her, ill take her." he checked el out.

before he could say anything else, mike had him by the collar, his back pushed up against the door.

"if i ever hear you talking about her—or any other woman in that matter, i will make sure you never walk again, got it?" mikes tightened his grip.

"mike—its fine. forget it lets just go inside, please."

mike released his grip on quin when he heard her pleading voice, he could tell she was trembling.