Eventually it was time to pack away all of the dishes and head out to the site where the test would take place. Jimin grabbed the satchel filled with his flying gear that he had hung on the peg by the front door. 

Taehyung followed him out after Cadel had pulled him into a hug. Whispering a 'Do your normal', not a 'good luck' he knew Jimin's skills he had no need for luck. He merely need to perform as he always did and he would succeed, Aife had said so herself.

~*~

"There are a lot of people" Jimin remarked, making sure he kept to the human tongue just in case.

"Yes, Aife said there would be many. But not many are chosen" Taehyung stated, remembering their last meeting with the Dragon Rider Captain.

They made their way across the field to the table. They were there to record all of the entrees. 

"Hi" Jimin shot them a smile.

"You on the list, or want to sign up?" the man asked, looking up.

"I'm on the list, Jimin Park." Jimin informed them.

"Recommended by Aife Halder and Cadel Nuemann, you must be good" the man let out a short whistle in awe.

"Name of your dragon?" the man asked, holding a quill poised to write.

"Taehyung" Jimin smiled.

"Just sign your name here, to say you approve of all the trials" Jimin was glad Cadel taught him to write and read to a better level. The sheet had the basics, we won't apologise if you die during the trials you signed up, it was to be expected. Jimin signed his name.

"Just go and join the rest, the announcements should start soon" the man gestured to the rest of the people milling about the field waiting for the test to start.

Jimin walked to go an join the crowd, Taehyung sticking close to him. Other dragons must recognise Taehyung because their eyes linger upon the chosen dragons form. But they make sure that it isn't completely obvious, just like they are sizing up the competition on of the new candidate.  

Jimin notices a nervous looking candidate near a angry looking dragon. They appear to be trying to calm down the dragon. 

"Xayze please stop" the man begs.

"What's the matter?" Jimin approaches, he couldn't not help. He liked helping others when he could, he was empathetic like that. 

"Xayze is my families dragon, they want me to become a dragon rider but I have no control over him. Only my father does, he scares him so he doesn't lash out." the candidate tells him.

Taehyung growls low in his throat a warning to Xayze. The other dragon stops his growling immediately, Jimin vaguely hears the word 'King' in the dragon tongue. 

"Sorry" Jimin makes it look like he is scolding Taehyung for 'bad behaviour' he had to maintain the façade that he was 'controlling' Taehyung not that they saw each other as equals. 

"I'm Auden, Auden Bannermane." Auden stretches out a lanky limb to Jimin. Jimin marvels that he too had look similar to Auden when he first arrived in the capital. All skinny until he gained a proper diet and 3 solid meals and age that allowed him to now hold a lithe muscular form. 

Jimin shook the hand offered, "Jimin Park and this is Taehyung" He gestured to the purple scaled dragon.

But soon the sound of a booming voice was heard across the field the words were simple:

"The test has begun" 

~*~

Jimin's test to become a dragon rider has begun.

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter