twenty | song for u

Start from the beginning

"What about him?" I pulled her into the house.

"He's planning on using the money you are supposed to put up to expand his business to overseas markets. And plan on cutting y'all out, if you catch my drift."

"How do you know this?"

"He's been frequenting Frio's new spot. They're in on it together, I think."

"Frio, wouldn't work with him."

"Was he not at the housewarming party Kaine? And wasn't she as well?" Leigh said, ready to pounce.

"I was. But once I started hearing the things that I was, no matter how mad I'm at you, I wouldn't want you to be blindsided. I didn't even know what they were talking about half the time, until I heard your name Kaine. I didn't know that it was this serious! Honest!"

"Were you followed?"  I asked.

"No, why?"

"You are so fucking stupid Victoria." Leigh said with agitation.

"You don't think they did that on purpose? Having you there? To hear that and only that?"

"I—I didn't think about it."

"Tori, you're disposable. They don't give a fuck about you. You're done after this. You brought them right to us. None of them knew were Kaine's lived for years."

"Fuck."

"You gotta go." Leigh said, panicking.

"You dumb ass bitch! You don't see?! You endangered my child, get the fuck out!! How the fuck do you not know these things? Y'all were fucking for a decade! Stupid..." Leigh mumbled angrily, while pacing, almost swinging on Tori.

"Kaine.." Tori pleaded.

"You gotta go. There's a car at the end of the road. It's going to take you to the airport. Get on that plane Tori." I said, setting up her flight under an alias.

I led her out of the door,

"Don't come back here."
..
"Pack a bag Leigh, we gotta get out of here. Nobody and I mean nobody but the mailman knows where I live. We gotta go." I said rushing, can't even enjoy my break before the madness.

"Where are we going?"

"Santa Monica."

"Let's go!" I grabbed two guns and a knife.

We rushed to the towncar, making sure it was Ramona during, and headed towards Santa Monica, with the radio playing, we heard news that shook us to our core,

"Deadly crash on the 405 towards LAX, involving a young woman and a driver, male. More details coming soon. One survivor."

"You think?" Leigh asked with tears wailing,

"No, it can't be Tori. Shit."

"Ramona, can you step on it."

"Yes sir."

"Fuck, he's not playing fair. He must've thought that was you in that car."

"We gotta set up that meeting, for the morning, in the office."
..
We arrived to the Santa Monica property. It's bigger and more home like than my LA home but I will forever cherish my LA home.

"Okay, Ramona. Thank you. But, I have to relive you of your duties." I pulled her plug, she couldn't be tracked. I programmed her to self destruct once she heard that command."

We walked into our home and quickly went to the drawing board,

"We got so little time to figure this shit out. That could've been us in that crash."

She said holding Noa, tight.

"Give me the baby." I grabbed him out of her arms.

"Come here man.."

"Kaine."

"I got y'all. Set up the meeting."
..
Leigh

I had to get up the nerve to pick up the phone.

"Hello, is Mr. Lucas in his office?"

"May I ask who's calling?"

"The office of Kaine Cole, LUX LA."

"Hm, one moment."
..
After a few minutes, deep, accented voice penetrated my ears,

"I knew one day, you'd call. What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Mr. Lucas, we at LUX, would like to set up a meeting with you, at your earliest convenience and interest. Want to cut a deal."

"A deal?"

"Yes sir. LUX, 9am. Be there."

I hung up, before he could answer and hear me cry.

"Kaine, it's done."

"Kaine.."

I walked down the staircase only to see Noa sleeping on his chest and him laying back snoring as well, as a soft lullaby played softly.

"You would make a great daddy one day Kaine Cole."

..