42

KENDALL
JUNE

I'm in a car in freaking Toronto on the way to Jamie's house! And I can't stop texting him updates, from the moment I landed to now. I'm so excited to see him!

It's been about four months since I saw him last. Okay, I've seen his face on my phone over facetime but not in person. So it doesn't count.

And this is the first time I'm meeting his family and that's making me a bit nervous. I don't know why they wouldn't like me but you never know.

When the car turns on to his street I pick up my phone to text him that I'm pulling up but he's already outside helping his Dad with yard work.

I can't help but start smiling as Jamie looks up at the car. If I didn't know better I'd open the car door and jump out right now.

As soon as the driver gets close to the curb and slows down, I pull up the lock and push the back door open.

I control myself and don't attack Jamie, his Dad is right there I can't be too crazy. Even though I just want to attack him with kisses.

"Hi," I smile as we meet in the middle of his yard, "I missed you."

Jamie wraps his arms around me, I follow his lead wrapping my arms around him. He gives me a tight squeeze, his warm sent taking over my senses. God I missed him.

"I missed you more," he says the last word teasingly as we slowly lean apart so we can look at each other.

"Not possible," I smile looking up at him, I keep my arms wrapped around him.

Jamie clears his throat and looks over at his Dad. We step apart, standing side by side as Jamie starts to introduce me, "Dad, this is Kendall."

"Hi," I step forward with my hand out to shake, "Its nice to finally meet you."

"You as well, I've heard a lot about you," Mr. Drysdale smiles as we shake hands.

I can feel my cheeks turn pink at the thought of Jamie talking to his family about me.

"Good things I hope," I smile as I step back in-line with Jamie, looking over at him.

"Hey! Of course!" Jamie protests, making me quietly laugh.

"I'm gonna take her inside, need anything else out here?" Jamie asks his Dad starts walking towards the mower.

His accent is a bit stronger. I smile to myself looking over at Jamie.

"All good. Thanks for your help," his Dad nods as he positions himself behind the push mower.

Jamie and I get my suitcase and backpack from the car. Then I follow him into the house through his garage. He's carrying my suitcase even though I told him I had it.

"What's the plan for tonight?" I ask as I follow him through the living room. I know he has a list of things planned for us to do while we're here.

"We're going to," he pauses to adjust his grip on my suitcase before he starts up the stairs, "Ryan's around nine for a bonfire. So you'll get to meet some of my friends before we spend all day on the boat with them and a few others on Sunday."

"Is it just a chill thing?"

"Yeah," he says as he reaches the top of the stairs and turns to look at me with a smirk.

"What?" I ask stoping a couple steps down from him.

"I persuaded my parents to let you stay in my room," he sounds proud and excited.