25

JAMIE

I can't believe it's already Kendall's last day here. The summer went by way too fast.

I don't want her to leave, but I know why she has to. Her life is back in New York not here in California but it could be here. I want it to be here, but she's right, being on opposite sides of the country is gonna be hard. I think we'd be able to make it work and I want to make it work, but she barely fought for it. I don't want to make her do something she doesn't want to, so I guess it's over.

"Jamie?" Kendall hums laying down in the bed beside me. Trevor fell asleep during our movie night so we both decided to let him sleep and we moved into my room to be alone.

As soon as I hear her sweet voice I look away from my phone and over at her. Kendall's laying on her stomach with her hands holding her head up while her bright blue-green eyes look up at me.

"Mhm?" I can't help myself so I roll to my side and I lean over to kiss her, just a short kiss.

"Uhm," her eyes are still closed and there's a small smile pulling at the edges of her lips, "Uh, can we go for a drive?" She slowly opens her eyes.

"Yeah," I kiss her again, my fingers pulling her face towards mine. I keep it short again.

"I wanna go to the beach one last time," this time she leans forward and kisses me. She also keeps it short, almost like she's giving me a taste of my own medicine.

"Please," her voice is low as our faces are centimeters apart.

"In a minute." I put my hand on her cheek, kissing her again. She smiles into the kiss, her hands coming to my neck, pulling me closer.

I remove my hand from her cheek and move it to her hip, pulling her closer to me. She swings her leg over my hip and my hand instinctively follows the curve of her leg.

Kendall pulls away but we're still tangled together. 

"As fun as this is," her nails gently slide over my t-shirt, sending goosebumps across my skin, "I still want to go to the beach," she smiles, her eyes glancing from lips then back to my eyes.

"Pretty please," she hums, sliding her thumb along my jawline.

"But the bed is so comfy," now I'm just messing with her.

"Jamie," she whines, her head dramatically falling back.

"I'm kidding," I chuckle, "Lets go."

She doesn't say anything, just hops off the bed.

We both move around the house as quietly as possible so we don't wake up Trevor and make our way out my car.

-

"Jamie?" Kendall looks over at me.

I love the way she says my name. It's sounds so sweet when she says it. I could listen to her say it on repeat all day.

I can barely see her face as I turn to look at her, the moon's a tiny sliver in the sky so the only lights on are the ones in the parking lot behind us.

"Kendall?" I mock her light tone.

She rolls her eyes but answers, "Can we make a promise?"

I nod.

"Once I'm back in New York," she looks away again, her hands playing with the sand underneath us, "Let's not text or call or anything. I think it's just gonna make this easier."

"I know what could make it even easier," I put my arm around her shoulders, pulling her towards me, keeping my arm around her. She rests her head on my shoulder.

Kendall takes a deep breath as she rests her hand on my leg, "I know but I just can't."

I don't want to make that promise but I'm not going to fight it. She's had a crazy summer, from going viral, to her ex dying and just the craziness of this city.

"Well," I slide my hand down her arm, "Then I promise, but will you promise me something?"

Kendall lifts her head and looks me in the eyes. She slowly nods, almost like she doesn't know what to expect next.

"If you change your mind about this, you call me first."

She holds up her pinkie, "I promise."

I wrap my pinkie around hers and she leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Thank you," Kendall says as our fingers loose contact.

"For what?" I scoff.

"For everything." She says it with so much weight but pauses when our eyes meet, "For being so sweet all summer, for letting me cry to you about Connor, you're a really, really great guy, Jamie."

I don't respond. I just kiss her. She's taken off guard at first but quickly kisses back.

I slowly pull away, but still holding her close, "Don't go."

I don't know why I say it. It just slips out.

"Jamie," even with the slight annoyance in her tone, I still love how it sounds coming from her lips.

"Please."

Kendall puts her hand on my cheek, kissing me slowly, her teeth graze my lip as she pulls away.

She slowly opens her eyes, "Let's just enjoy the time we have left, please," she slides her thumb across the edge of bottom lip, her eyes shifting to my lips. She kisses me again and I melt right into her. I don't think either of us want the morning to come because we spend the rest of the night on the beach talking, and, of course, kissing.

-

@kennyz posted to their story

TAP

TAP