29

KENDALL

A second later Trevor's head pops up at the end of the stairs.

"Trevor? What the hell are you doing here?" I smile as I rush down the stairs towards him.

"Jimmy and I thought we'd crash here tonight," he says as we hug.

I turn to look over at the lounge area of the basement as we separate and there's Jamie on the couch. I wave at him.

I can't fucking escape him.

"Where are you coming from?" Trevor asks crossing his arms over his chest, turning on protective big brother mode.

"Had dinner with some friends after the game and then may or may have not gone to the NYU frats," I smile really big, my arms behind my back trying to look at innocent as possible hoping he doesn't ask anymore questions even though I know it's obvious I'm still a bit drunk. I stopped drinking an hour before we left the frats but I still feel tipsy.

"Which friends?" He asks.

I groan but answer, "Mal, Finn and Davey."

"Davey was at the game right?" Trevor walks over to the couch and leans against the back of it with his arms still crossed over his chest. He kinda looks like Dad in this position.

I nod.

"So are you two dating?"

"Uhm," I don't know what to say because we aren't but we are going on dates. And Jamie is right there! I can't say yes in front of him!

"No, but yes but no like we've been on a few dates but I don't know if I want to date him. At least not yet, I don't know. We're just seeing each other."

Trevor looks over his shoulder at Jamie, "Did you understand that?"

"I don't know what either of you are saying half the time," Jamie shrugs.

"No, we're not dating," I say to clarify things.

"Why not? He seems nice." Trevor shrugs.

"There's someone else," I hope Jamie gets the hint but I don't want to look at him right now because then Trevor might see and that would be a whole thing within itself.

"Ooo," Trevor teases.

"And why are you interrogating me on my love life anyway? Why are you even here? Don't y'all have a game tomorrow?" I finally look over at Jamie and back to Trevor as he starts talking.

"Because it's my house too. And we do but I wanted to sleep in my bed instead of a hotel bed," Trevor starts smiling, "Plus Mom said she'd make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!"

"Oh my gosh," I roll my eyes laughing.

"Well try to be a bit more quiet, I'm heading to bed, I have to work in the morning," I turn to head towards the stairs, "Goodnight!"

"Goodnight!" They both call after me as I climb up the stairs.

-