Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to end your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh.

Blake looks at (Y/N), who is listening closely to Ozpin and Glynda's words as she hopes they end up on the same team, A few spaces over; you can see Weiss looking at Pyrrah with the same thought.

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So, being paired with someone with whom you can work well is in your best interest.

Ruby can be heard groaning after hearing this.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: WHAT!?

Hyper Girl: See! I told you!

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the forest's northern end. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

(Y/N): [Oh, that's great.]

Jaune: HeHe *Gulp*

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded throughout your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

(Y/N): Ozpin, I have a question.

Ozpin: What is it?

(Y/N): How will we find the temple? What if we follow the wrong path or lose the trail?

Ozpin: As I said, there will be instructors watching you; if you go too far from the designated path, they will redirect you, but if they have to do so three times, you fail initiation.

(Y/N): Understood, thank you.

Ozpin: Of course. Any more questions?

Jaune: Yeah umm, sir?

Ozpin: Good! Now take your positions.

The students all get into positions to jump, and (Y/N) gets into a position that will send him farther so he can get closer to the temple.

(Y/N): Hey Ozpin, Jaune was trying to ask you something.

Ozpin: What is it, Mr. Arc?

Jaune: So, this landing strategy thing, uh... what is it? You're like dropping us off or something?

Ozpin: No, you will be falli-

(Y/N) was listening to their conversation before he got flung off the cliff. As (Y/N) was flying through the air, he was trying to figure out how to survive the fall. As he was thinking, he remembered that if you Blink in the opposite direction that you're moving, then your momentum would change, and you would slow down, so he readied Blink, and right before he hit the ground, he activated it, causing time to stop, he turned around, looked up and Blinked causing him to greatly slow down resulting in a safe landing.

(Y/N): Now I know how to survive any fall, alright, let's find that relic.

Outsider: I put a Rune near the temple so the heart will guide you there.

(Y/N) takes out the heart and starts following the heartbeat. Ozpin is on the cliff, looking slightly disturbed as he watches through the camera. Glynda notices this and asks him about it.