33 - The Hog's Head

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"As you probably all know by now," Fred went on, "Umbridge has been campaigning against Harri, trying to shut her up from telling the truth. And we're here today to fight back. Personally, I quite fancied the idea of strangling her in her sleep, but apparently murdering your teacher is frowned upon in Hogwarts, so with the help of some friends - thank you, Hermione - we've decided to form a kind of retaliation."

I glance up at Hermione in surprise, her face goes bright red and she looks down at her fidgeting hands.

"And," Fred continues, placing a hand on my shoulder, "I am hoping that today you will listen to Harri's version of events of what happened that night - the truth."

"Fred, no!" I hiss, my heart thudding like crazy. What the fuck is he thinking?

"Please, Harri," Fred says, "you can do this, I know you can." He takes my hand. "I'm here by your side, Harri. You're not on your own."

Shakily, I get to my feet. Fred kisses my forehead before sitting back down. All eyes are on me, and I swallow.

"I'm not- I'm not going to share any gory details, if that's what you're hoping for." I stop, and take a deep shaky breath. "But I will say one thing. It's true, I saw Voldemort rise again with my own eyes. He is back, and unless we learn how to defend ourselves, we're all going to be screwed."

"And how do you propose we do that?" Seamus shouts out. "Umbridge is refusing to teach us anything!"

Fred stands up again. "I'm glad you asked that, my Irish friend," he grins, draping an arm around my shoulders. "Because we don't need Umbridge when we have the best right here."

Murmurs rise, and I look up at Fred in horror. "Me?!" I hiss in horror. "Look, I can't teach this lot jack shit. I had to copy Draco's homework earlier today!"

"I was thinking we could do it together, actually," Fred murmurs, his brown eyes twinkling warmly. "Remember before the third task, how we trained in the Room?"

Damn, he wanted to give up our sex room to teach these idiots a bunch of spells? Just use Expelliramus, it always seems to work for me.

But in the end I agree, because I'm starving and I want to go back for food and I do not fancy chancing the menu here.

Fred explains how Hermione has enchanted some coins and created a sign up sheet. My god she's such a teacher.

Afterwards, as we make our way back to the castle, I glower at Fred.

"You know, it's lucky that you're cute." I say, sticking my tongue out at him. "That was a real rotten thing to do to me!"

"If I'd told you my plan, you wouldn't have turned up." Fred shrugs. "And now is your chance to get your own back on Umbridge."

He has a point, I know. And I thank him for it by giving him a huge parting kiss in the middle of the Great Hall before making my way over to the Slytherin table.

"How was your date?" I ask Draco as I pile my plate high with roast potatoes.

"Crap," he mutters, sipping moodily at his soup, "Vane pissed off early to go meet someone else."

"Ah damn, you didn't get your end away then?" I smirk knowingly. "Shame, she must have had a better offer."

"Yeah, and when I find out who she ditched me for, I'm going to fucking kill them."

"Didn't you just ditch Fay for her?" I ask lightly. "And who says she ditched you? Maybe she was just meeting a friend?"

"Yeah I thought that, but she was really cagey about the whole thing when I offered to walk her there."

"Merlin Draco, get a grip, you're the one starting to sound like a needy pussy now."

Draco glares at me. "I'll remember you said that next time you ask to copy my homework."

"You offered!"

"Yeah, well I shan't bother in future." Draco sniffed moodily. "I don't see why you just don't get lover boy to do your homework."

"He was in Quidditch training. Apparently they need all the practice they can get since Ron's joined the team."

Draco's face immediately lights up. "They signed up Weasleby?! Good God Gryffindor must be desperate. That's every single Weasley on the team now. A real family affair."

"Apparently he's very good," I shrug, "just lacking in confidence, so go easy on him at your first match will you?"

"You know what," Draco smirks, his eyes glinting, "I might even write him a little song, give him a proper Quidditch welcome."

"Aw that's really sweet," Daphne gushes, smiling at Draco as though she really believes he's not a evil little prick.

"Don't you dare," I warn, narrowing my eyes at him, "honest to God, Fred and George will beat the crap out of you."

"Pfft," Draco smirks. "I'm not scared of them."

The following weekend, I just shook my head when Fred and George chased a terrified looking Draco up the pitch and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

******