14• Home

(a/n: flufffluffflufffluff <3 n then lots of angst angst n more angst, i apologize dearly in advance

STELLA

"So is this you imprinting on me or what?" Ellie asked gently, teasing eyes glooming into my own. I took in the curves of her one sided smile and the sparkle in her eyes. She sat inches away from my face, a hand propping her head up as she had all of her attention on me. I curl a brow in faux confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Y'know...Wolves...Imprinting...Isn't it a Wolf thing?" she asked me teasingly. I laughed at this.

"What happened to no more Wolf puns?" I ask, smiling.

"Can't help it," She mumbled jokingly yet lovingly as she brushes a stray hand of hair behind my ear. "I guess it's something like that." Her hand then rested gently on my cheek, the warmth rushing into my face and I let out a sigh as I leant into her touch. I dreamed about this moment, waited entirely too long and now that it's real, I finally feel okay, like the world had stopped completely.

Ellie's hands were most times fit to be undesirable - often cold and calloused, ragged with the day's remains underneath her fingernails.

No matter how hard she scrubbed them in a pail of rainwater, it was like there was a permanent glaze of who she thought she was now over the skin of them.

But I didn't flinch when she touched me. I didn't shy away in fear or disgust, didn't think twice or even once on the hands of the girl directly in front of me lied on her side with her juniper eyes staring into me like daggers.

Instead, I relished in the way her hands made me feel undivided care and safety like it was my last breath of air. When she would retract her hand in fear, I shook my head and I forced my hand over hers, placing it over areas I never even thought to explore myself. My body brought warmth to her palms, like I were a static of electricity causing her to roar back to life. Ellie brought me the gift of showing me that she was here, by the gentle touch of her hands on my goosebump-ridden skin. Digits trailing, connecting the dots between my blemishes and flaws - like a constellation.

Her eyes told me everything that her lips couldn't. Her eyes never lie.

Jade orbs moving from my left eye, to my right, to my lips, like another triangle. Fingers twirled through my hair, brushing strands of disheveled dark blonde behind my ear each time they would flow free. Which seemed to be constant, the more she softly pet my hair. Although my hair was just as wild when it's short as it is long - just a little bit more crazy now, I don't know how she deals with hers. Ellie seems to be addicted to brushing it behind my ear or brushing it away from my face to be able to see more and more of me. Which I find so ironic because I've dreamt of pushing hers behind her ear and instead, she does the favor for me. Her cheeks were flushed pink, tips of her ears pale in the glowing light of the dying fire. The moonlight shining in from a window illuminated her pretty features like a soft white blanket, allowing me to see all of her face. Scars, freckles, even the overgrown hairs beneath the natural trace of her eyebrows.

Toby lied comfortably in between us, curled into a ball in the small corner in between my belly and my curled legs.

No words were spoken from either of us in a time like this.

"C'mere, you're wayyyy too far away,"

She opened her arms up and with no hesitation, I went diving in with my arms wrapped around her torso. Her arms wrapped tightly around my shoulders, keeping me close as she dug her head into my short strands, breathing me in deeply. How it was the first time we woke up in eachothers arms in the theater. I couldn't help the wild smile rushing across my lips and into her skin, feeling as though she did the same as I felt her cheekbones rise. "What are you cheesing' about?" I asked her teasingly.