3• Unlucky Ones

(a/n: i literally hate going along the game's storyline cause there's so much action and action is sooooo fucking hard to write sometimes but i'd rather die than not write it all out cause seattle day 2 is such a vibe.

STELLA

Jesus Christ, they're everywhere.

Manny wasn't lying. Capitol Hill is crawling with Scars. How the fuck did I even end up over here? How am I gonna get around them?

"Demon!" Loud shots echo throughout the buildings around me and the clicker from nearly a mile away was put down.

Pretty good sniper they've got.

Alright...get past this frenzy of wack jobs and go east to get to the aquarium to find Abby...seems easy enough.

"You three take the other side and search for stragglers, you're with me." A muffled voice demands and as they talked, the voices grew louder and I curse to myself.

"Okay, Tobs, you know what to do. We gotta be silent." I mutter to the cat hiding away in my backpack. Although cats can't talk or listen as well as dogs can, after years of going on runs with me, he's learned more and more each time. He's like my little guard cat now. Nine times out of ten if there's a threat posed towards me that he can get to, he uses those claws of his and then it's bye-bye eyeballs.

I scurry through the tall grass, careful not to alarm the lurking Scars not even 20 feet away slowly coming closer toward me.

"You're not strong enough. One freeze up or freak out attack and I lose you and I'm not losing you too." Once again Abby's voice is clear in my head and I chuckle to myself. "Not strong enough...okay, Abs."

I slide my backpack off my of my shoulders, attaching a silencer I managed to find in a worn down store back south but in a hurry to do so, the silencer cluttered out of my hands and another curse escaped my lips as it made a short 'clink' noise as it hit the ground.

"What was that? Did you hear that?"

I froze. "Fuckin' goddamn shaky hands, fuck you." I angrily grumble to myself, reattaching the silencer in its place. "Wonderful start."

"I'm sure it was nothing. Go check it out, I've got you covered." shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

The scar nears me, machete tight in his palms as he glanced around cautiously, unaware that I was right in front of him. So I took it as my chance, watching his scar friend turn her back toward me and I snatched him from behind, clasping my hand over his mouth and sliding my switchblade into his throat. Thankfully, all those previous supply runs with Abby really seemed to pay off.

"Sh, shut the fuck up." He gurgled on his blood under my palm and I dragged his body into the tall grass to go unnoticed, huffing out a breath as I did so. 1 down. 20 more to go. Great.

I scurry my way through most of the area, being sure to stay concealed from any roaming scars beneath the tall grass until I abruptly stopped myself as I sharply spotted a sniper in the window on the 4th floor of a tall, decimated building, taking mental counts of the roamers patrolling the street.

"Steady." I inhale in a deep breath as I focused my aim on the sniper on the 4th floor, then pulling the trigger, a dead silent bullet splitting through his skull. "Piece o' cake."