4• Blink of an Eye

STELLA

It was my worst fear in the world and they knew that.

Not being able to breathe.

"Hurry it up, Wolf." The Scar says aggressively, slamming her broad shoulder into the back of mine sending the basket of goods tucked away in my arms to the ground. I scowled, tightening my jaw in anger as I bent down to pick up the remains to put back in the basket. Quickly, I swiped an apple and slid it into the pocket of my jacket for later because god...I was so hungry I could eat one of these guys. Actually, I take that back. I'd rather snack on one of my own limbs then even get a whiff of one of these freaks.

It'd been at least a couple of days since I was captured by these Scars - at least it's felt like a couple of days. Thankfully they hadn't decided to eat Toby yet. At some point as I was wallowing in my sorrows, listening like a dog on a leash of their filthy demands, I vaguely overheard a conversation about him being held somewhere within the Scar camp. As soon as these fuckers are put down, I'm going after him. They better at least be feeding him.

The leader planned to keep me alive as their slave until further notice until I spilled the location of some "girl" with no name, only a tattoo as any type of context. Which I'm beginning to think just doesn't exist, they only want something out of me because, lucky me, I'm a Wolf.

"The apostate has been seen with a Wolf. Traveling near the train park. They took out a lot of our soldiers over there, Irina." A voice says, muffled. I tune into the conversation shared between the Scars.

"Lily is a child. Once she finds out who the Wolf really is, she'll come crawling back on her toes." I can't help but feel curious as to whom they were talking about. Smart kid to leave here and never look back. But with a Wolf...? Never in the years I've been with the WLF have I ever seen one even look a Scar's way without putting a bullet in their brain without any forethought or sympathy, regardless of it being a child or not. Must've been a pretty drastic change of heart. Now I can only painfully wonder who the Wolf traveling with the Scar kid was and if Isaac knows.

Wait...train park. That's a good few miles down the road from the aquarium.

Thoughts raced through my mind as I absently set the goods back in the basket, glaring through the corner of my eye at the back of the scar woman, picturing a gruesome death for her before something worse knocked me out of my thoughts.

"We have no need for her anymore. Put her in the pits and kill the cat." A voice said and it didn't take but a millisecond before my arms were restrained by a pair of strong, bulky arms and I came eye to eye with the dark, smoldering eyes of a Seraphite. "Don't you touch him! I'll fucking kill you!" I fumed, my chest feeling like it were to burst with anger.

"You got anything else to say?" The bulky man in front of me snapped tauntingly as he noticed my hard facial expressions and heavy breathing. A fellow scar of his stopped him as he threatened to move toward me. "Your shoe is untied." I remarked and he narrowed his eyes at me in question but then looks down at his feet.

These guys are so unbelievably gullible, Jesus Christ.

Swinging my arm just hard enough to send my elbow into the face of the scar holding me back, I use my aching left leg to my best advantage and kick the bulky scar guy to the side. The one behind me stumbles back enough for me to get back just enough to have yet another scar catch me by the hair and I twist around, slamming myself into their waist to bring them down. With a ferocious cry out, I slammed my first into her nose, sending her back to the ground.

I was on the road to narrowly escaping until more scars came to the aid and I was pulled back and slammed against the ground. Damn, my counts were wrong. They just keep multiplying.