~Golden~

I softly shake Alma awake and once she stirs awake, she just stares at me like she saw a ghost. "What?" I ask as I Look at her pale face. "Your-your eyes..." she mumbled out as a smile spread on her face. I quickly ran to her vanity and looked in the mirror, I couldn't believe what I saw.

My eyes were like swarms of golden honey. What? My eyes are normally blue...how are they golden? I pull down my eyelid and everything is the same except for the golden swirls swirling around in my orange-ish eyes. "How..?" I mumble out as Alma joins behind me. "In the book of peculiars, it says that if one peculiar has the ability to turn invisible and golden eyes...that..." Alma starts as she looks down at her vanity. "What Alma?! What, I need to know!" I say as I worriedly looked at her through the mirror. "You have to be a specific age which is sixteen, your age...and that means..that peculiar is meant to be a Ymbryne. There was a mess up in the system..and what's bound to happen is..." Alma says, breathless basically as she stares at the ground in shock. "What Alma?!" I ask, not able to believe it. "You're bound to grow wings, but in human form. You will grow wings of either white or black, white meaning you're a risen devil, black meaning you're a fallen Angel..you will be able to fly, and once you advance you could turn into any bird you'd like. Though the wing process will be...painful. And once you're done, you won't be able to become invisible anymore." Alma says with a nod as she finally looks up, and a tear line has formed. "Is that good or bad for me other than the hurt part?!" I ask her, super confused. "You're rare...one of a kind actually...there used to be one, but she died somehow..nobody knows how since you will become immortal, but she did. You're the only peculiar with this peculiarity." Alma says as she wraps her arms around my waist.

That's when tears begin to fall. Emma quickly rushes in and sees us hugging and I look at her, just dead in the eye. "Good god! Your eyes!....wait...that means.." Emma says with a gasp. "Don't tell any of the younger kids Emma, I will try to explain at dinner. You may tell the older kids though." Alma says with a nod, ushering Emma off. "I'll help you however I can throughout the wing journey." Alma says with a nod. "No wonder my back has been hurting.." I say with a groan. "Let me Check darling.." Alma says with a nod. She checks in the mirror so I can see, and there are two stumps on my back on either side of my spine. And they're black. "I'm a fallen Angel! I'm an angel!" I say excitedly as I jump up and down happily. "I'll start having to cut holes in your shirts...your little wings are gonna look so cute before they grow out!" Alma says with a smile. "How wide do they grow?" I ask her, still slightly confused. She spreads her arm out wide, about as wide as you put three of me together. "Good god!" I say as I look beside me, imagining huge black wings always in my way. "They won't be in your way darling, they will be curled up normally. That's just at full wingspan." Alma says with a smile. "Ok...now let's go make dinner shall we? I'm still processing this." I say with an eye roll as I start to walk downstairs. "Let's get to it!" Alma says happily as she rushes after me.

Wait....what?