Chapter 1: The Decision

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

Warnings: None.

DISCLAIMER: this story is set in older times, so things like marriage when younger is normal, and so is arranged marriage(not to be confused with forced marriage) some of the dialog might be dated. 

word count: 700 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

"Session 1 y/n l/n.. So Ms, l/n you last left off that you felt defeated ...."

" huh?....oh, yeah...I felt helpless. Like the world was making me choose."

The sound of young children yelling with joy, and kites flying in the air were all that was heard. Old friends meeting together again, food being given out to everyone in the village, beautiful colors flying through the air.

I turn around to see my sisters chasing after me, a smile graces my face as I turn back around and speed up. Lifting my long skirt as my jewelry is clanking, I come to a stop. At the top of the building I see all the kids flying their kites.

"y/n! My kite!"

Looking over I spotted my sister's kite flying towards the mountains. I sprint down the stairs and out towards the fields reaching up and I finally grasp the long string. Falling down to the ground I laugh a humorous chuckle. Finally getting a moment of peace from all the festivities back in the village.

.......

"Here's your kite. Be more careful next time or you will lose it, you know father will not be pleased. It cost 10 credits."

As her head bows down in shame, I lift her tiny head up, like a switch she smiles right away.

"y/n."

"Father." I ran over and gave my father a hug. He always brought me comfort.

"y/n...let us go to the roof."

Looking up, I gave my father a skeptical look, but nevertheless followed him up to the roof.

" y/n. I know you have your own ambitions, and you have already planned your life out.."

"Father, what is it?"

With a sigh he said "my old friend came for a visit.. You won't remember her. Satine Kenobi."

"Well, she came this time not only for a chat, but a proposition.."

I get even more scared of what he says next.

"she was asked on behalf of Obi-Wan Kenobi, well... for your hand in marriage."

" What?!.. Obi-Wan Kenobi?... hand in marriage!"

...

Trying to keep his daughter calm so as not to cause a scene, f/n explained the benefits to the young girl.

Surely enough she agrees.

::::::::

/Your pov/

I can't believe it. I am getting married. To someone I don't love, hell I barely even know him.

I guess it is for my sisters, as father explained "It is for the wellbeing of you, and your sisters. I am getting old, the business is not doing too well right now...I would feel a lot better going, if i knew i could depend on you to care for your sisters"

If you ask me, I believe I am doing a fine job with taking care of them so far. Alas if father wishes it I simply must.

—---

Running down, I approached her. Satine Kenobi. The woman who wants me to marry her husband(which I am still trying to understand why).

" Mrs. Kenobi!" I pull her arm, to get her attention.

"Ah, Ms. l/n. What can I do for you?...have you made a decision yet?"

"I-....I have." a smile graces her face

"Thank you Ms l/n... now if you'll excuse me I must prepare for your arrival, at coruscant"

"Wait!"

"I would like to explain some rules I have set for myself and your family."

"Yes, what are they?"

"Umm.. firstly I will not stay in your home as a mistress, Mr. Kenobi and I must be married before I am to live there. Secondly I want to be able to come home whenever I desire it; no one or thing should stop me, and thirdly my family will be taken care of. My father will get whatever he needs, my sisters will get education, and any other things they desire. You will provide for them so that they will never have to worry about money again... That is it.."

" They will all be met."

With a sigh of satisfaction I nod, she smiles at me once more before getting into the car and driving away into the distance. Well... I just sealed my fate. I am getting married to Obi- Wan Kenobi. 

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* A/N: heres the first chapter! i hope you enjoyed . 

This is my first book ever so my writing is not the best so I apologies. Also the first part will make more sense later on ;)  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧