chapter 39 - something she did not know

It was a rainy day morning when Cara woke up. She could hear the rain ticking against he roof of the house. She turned around in bed and found the space next to her empty. Releasing a slight sign she pulled off the covers and put on a warm outfit.

once she got downstairs she already knew kaz had left for the day, she could hear no movement in the house at all. There was a piece of paper on the kitchen counter that read 'went to crow club – back before dinner' she smiled, kaz must still have been tired because she could barely read his handwriting.

She took a waffle out of the box and while munching on it she stood in front of the window. She saw the first dregs arriving to start building the stable, kaz had probably ordered them to build it no matter the weather, poor guys.

She made coffee for all of them, there were around 15 of them she counted so she made sure there was enough. She brought it to them and they all thanked her for her generosity. Cara put on the fire in the fireplace realizing she probably wanted to do something about the supply of wood soon.

She went outside and grabbed the axe that was leaning against the house and went into the forest. She picked out a few small young trees and after an hour or so they were all on the ground. She tied a rope around them and dragged them back to the clearing, thank god for her powers she thought.

once they were at the clearing she started swinging her axe at them to make blocks from them. against he back of the house was a designated storage for wood so she put the wood there to try. It took her until the afternoon to get all of this done but when she put her axe back against he house the whole storage was filled with wood, probably lasting them at least half a year.

She went back inside and took a quick shower as the rain outside made her cold to the bone. Once she got out of the shower she put on a comfortable outfit and prepared everything for dinner so that when kaz would come home she would need to do little work for dinner.

She decided to wait in the library for kaz. when she looked at the clock again it was passed dinner time, she heard her stomach grumble but decided to wait for kaz anyway. Another hour passed and she became quite irritated. Normally she wouldn't care but she was hungry so that did not help with her emotions.

she walked over to the kitchen and took another waffle out of the box to eat. She looked outside and saw that the dregs had done some really good work on the stable, the foundations were almost finished she saw. She also saw that a little away from where the stable would be there was another foundation made, that must be the place for the guest house she thought.

she looked over at the papers that were still on the table from yesterday, the blueprints for the stable. It looked beautiful Cara thought, big stables for at least 20 horses. Kaz had told her that if she would feel up to it he would like some horses trained for the dregs, that way they could maybe establish some trading with nearby towns.

another hour passed and Cara was done with waiting, she hated just sitting around and doing nothing. So she put on a coat and locked the door behind her when she went outside. It had been a while since she was able to run on all fours so she shifted to her wolf form to run to ketterdam. Once she entered ketterdam she shifted to her smaller wolf to blend in with the crows on the street.

it only took her around 15 minutes to reach the crow club. The bouncer smiled at her when she entered knowing exactly who she was. When she was inside she went to the back to shift to human form out of sight. When she walked out from the back she spotted jesper at one of the tables so she walked over to him.

"good evening jesper." He immediately stood up with a smile on his face. "hey there Cara!" he hugged her quickly. "what brings you to the crow club tonight? Joining me at the table?" Cara shook her head. "no I was looking for kaz actually." Jesper looked confused for a moment.