"I should leave you two" Asaad said, causing me to remember his presence.

"Uh not yet. What were you two discussing? Something about someone doing something? Your dad?" I asked slowly. I noticed him and Ummi made eye contact before he looked back at me.
"I-it's nothing" he stuttered. It was unlike Asaad to stutter.

"What're you hiding?" I asked . "Ummi?" I turned to her. She shook her head.

"Elham, this isn't the right place or time to speak about this"
She said.
I knew she was right, but it was typical of me to be selfish and impulsive so I refused to let go and insisted on being told.

"Ummi, if anything, I should know FIRST. How was he even the first to know you were awake by the way?" I was turning livid.

"El, calm down" Asaad stated in a warning tone.

"Well then tell me what it is!"

Asaad sighed. "Can you not be stubborn for once?!" His voice was sharper now, a hint of anger lingering in his tone.

"Then tell me what you two are hiding!"

"Is everything okay?" Imaan's mother asked, stepping in. Imaan behind her.

I nodded and cleared my throat, following Asaad who walked out of the room. His pace was fast, i tried to catch up with him and couldn't until we were at the parking lot.

"Asaad!"

"Elham" he turned to face me.

"Can you please talk to me?" I asked him.

"About what?" He arched a brow, playing dumb.

"About what you and my mother were speaking about!"

"Do not yell at me Elham! This is not the right moment for this conversation" His tone was warning.

"Well maybe if you stopped being annoying and frustrating" I yelled again.

"I'm the annoying one?" He laughed dryly.

"Yes! Ummi is my mother, whatever it is, I NEED to know" I was livid. If he could see me face, it would be red hot.

"I understand, but can't you trust me this once?" He said softly.
I should have applauded him at that point for keeping his calm really well.

"No, No I can't!" I exclaimed. I noticed a wave of emotion flash through his eyes and I immediately knew what it was- hurt, sadness, disappointment.

"Alright fine!" He was now furious.
"Your dad, has been married to another woman this whole time and kept it away from you and your mother for God knows what reason. That was what your mother found out that caused her to faint and fall down the staircase. I hope this piece of information gives you peace of mind" he stated, sliding into his car and driving off.

I stood there for a while, trying to process what had just happened. What I knew for sure was that it did not give me the slightest peace of mind.

We were all laughing at something Imaan's mom had said when a nurse walked in. Visiting hours were up and they had to leave. However, I was now allowed to sleep with her.

They left a while later, leaving Ummi and I alone.

I was anxious, contemplating if I could talk to her about what Asaad had told me or not but it seemed she could read my mind because she asked.
"Do you want to talk about it?"

I opened my mouth and closed it back, unsure of what to say.

"I know Asaad told you..." she said.

"How did you figure that out?"