A mighty movie

Major spoilers for the new paw patrol movie coming out this year!!

If you didn't know, there is a new paw patrol movie coming out soon! It's called Paw Patrol: A Mighty Movie. It's currently in production and expected to be released September 29th, this year. The summary for this movie is "A magical meteor crash lands in Adventure City, and gives the PAW Patrol pups superpowers, transforming them into The Mighty Pups".

But, I find this odd. Why, you may ask? We already have a mighty pups show! It's first episode was released all the way in 2018, September 11th on dvd, and November 12th the same year on Nickelodeon [In the USA]! It was in Season 5 of the original Paw Patrol show with the title "Mighty Pups".

Now, this had got me confused. Why would they make a movie about something they've already made a 40 minute special about, many years later? Well, when reading the storyline, I saw this.

"But things take a turn for the worse when the pups' archrival Humdinger breaks out of jail".

If you didn't watch the previous Paw Patrol movie, I'll explain why this is important. At the end of the movie, Mayor Humdinger is arrested for his crimes in Adventure City. Yet in the show, Humdinger is not in jail. He's still in adventure bay being — as always — evil. As well as in the movie [from what I can remember] the Paw Patrol never went back to Adventure Bay. This is probably why the summary says "Adventure City" instead of Adventure Bay.

So, with all of this evidence. I've come to the conclusion that the new Paw Patrol movie takes place in another timeline/universe than the original!

But besides that whole rant. I'm super excited for the new movie! I can't wait to get some more focus on Skye. Yeah, you read right, this movie will be centered around Skye! It'll also be featuring her backstory, like how the previous movie featured Chase's. From what the storyline says, I'm guessing the movie will be about her struggling as the smallest in the group, since it seems to point out how small she is a lot.

This is so stupid

Did I really just spend 30 minutes of my day thinking this hard about a preschool show?

I got my info from:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15837338/
https://pawpatrol.fandom.com/wiki/Mighty_Pups