Chapter 8

Denver's POV

"So, how's your live?" Joseph asks me, after a while of silence.

"Not very good, there are a lot of kids in the house, and I'm very easily annoyed by the constant noise." I tell him honestly.

"That's not very good then." He says.

"You know, there is a lot of silence here in this house, so if you ever want to come over, it's open for you." He says, before he thinks it over.

"Well, not really open right now, but I'm sure you can manage to find a key to this gate, somewhere in your father's stuff." He says with a shrug, making me laugh slightly.

"I'm pretty sure that he would just give it to me if I asked, he spent the last two weeks trying to convince me to come here." I reply.

"He did?" He asks, disbelieving.

"Yeah, he said that you wanted to talk to me." I say, and he nods.

We sit in silence for a while again, before I hear some noise, and I look for the source.

My eyes land on Joseph's hands, he breaks the bar of chocolate, that Reggie gave him before he left.

Joseph rips the paper that covers it, and he gives me half of it.

I wouldn't be myself if I declined a chocolate, so I gladly take it, and we eat it silently before he speaks again.

"You know, Reggie is my favourite brother in law, I don't think any of your siblings can beat him." He tells me, clearly enjoying the chocolate.

"There are twelve more of them so don't be so sure, I think you will like Oliver too." I tell him.

"Twelve?" He asks with wide eyes.

"Yeah." I say, and I tell him a little bit about my family.

"So now you have to share your room with Tyler?" He asks.

"Yes, and don't even ask me how horrible that is." I say, and he laughs.

"Do you have any siblings?" I ask him, hoping that he will tell me something about himself.

"No, I don't have any family, mom died while giving birth to my sister, who died the same day too, and my father died at the battle that we had a few years ago." He tells me, and I give him a sad smile which he returns.

"Can you tell me why you are locked here?" I ask him, and he looks at the ground for a second, before he looks back at me with a nod.

He explains everything, and I decide that I will have to ask papa and dad if what he said is the truth, since it seems like what he did wasn't even close to being enough to be locked away for years.

I feel something touch my leg, and look down a little startled, before I see Reggie sitting next to me.

"I told you that you will like him." He tells me, and I glare at him playfully, making Joseph laugh again.