Chapter 3

Denver's POV

I was forced to babysit again, but this time Oliver and Tyler had to help me, since we had to do it for a few hours, and none of us is capable of watching  all the kids at once for more than a few minutes.

It left me in a sour mood, since I had to sit with the little kids, that just cry and shout, for a whole morning, before dad and Mason finally finished his paperwork, and were able to take care of their kids.

"I don't know how you can take care of them every day, I would have just kicked them all out of here, or hired a babysitter or something." I tell dad, while I try to hand him Alex, who doesn't want to let go of my hand.

I eventually manage to get free, and I quickly escape the house before I'm caught again, while the other two go upstairs to their rooms.

I decide to go for a walk around the pack, trying to decide if I have chosen a right spot for my house, since it's the last moment for any change.

On my way, I spot my two close friends, Erick, who is Mason's brother, and his friend John.

Erick and I have become friends very quickly after Mason introduced us, and not long later, when Carter started to trust Erick, John was able to join us, since papa decided to let him out of the cellar, and we got along too.

Now they're my closest friends, and pretty much the only friends that I have in the pack.

I have a few more in school, but they are all human, so I can't share with them everything as I do with Erick and John.

The pack doesn't like me very much, they say that I'm unworthy of attention, since I'm not even good enough to be an Alpha.

I was supposed to, as the first born son of an Alpha, but one of the Moon Gkddess' laws says that an Alpha has to be present while his heir is born.

When I was born, my papa was caught up in some battle, that happened because of my grandfather.

I was meant to be a girl, so I was, unfortunately, not even considered the heir for the Alpha position.

So, he decided that leaving in the middle of a battle, to witness my birth, wasn't worth the lives of our warriors, that would have died without his help.

But I turned out to be a boy, and sadly that little mistake most likely costed me a title.

"What's going on inside that head of yours today?" Erick asks, waiving his hand in front of my face.

"Nothing, I just can't believe that I have to experience it." I say quietly, looking around at the glares that are sent our way, while we pass other pack members.

"Experience what?" Erick asks.

"The result of his mistake." I say.

He instantly knows what I'm talking about, and he turns his head to look down at me.

"Just don't think about it, they don't know what they are missing out on." He says with a smile.