The dead of night

It's been about 2 weeks since the murder but Daniel hasn't been able to sleep properly for days.
Sleepless nights kept piling up, and every time  he left his room, he felt uneasy, believing someone's watching and following him, and his dreams have been filled with nothing but the smell of blood and the lifeless body he saw a couple of weeks ago at the same mansion he used to come to with his mother.

One night, he was constantly moving in his bed, unable to fall asleep. He decided to get up and get a cup of coffee before getting a piece of paper from a drawer inside his working desk. He took a pen and some more paper and got to work.

Killer is a girl with snow-white hair. Her location and motive are unknown, but the targets have been the managers of his father's company and only the major branches. However, there haven't been any murders lately leading him to believe she's been watching the only witness that has been able to leave with his life. Him.

-

"DAMN HIM!"

The masked killer threw a knife into a target with a clean hit before taking another one up and sticking him right on the edge of the simple wooden table.

"Calm down, boss, it's just one guy. We can just get rid of him. I mean, how hard can it be?"

The masked assassin shot the guy leaning back on the chair next to the table that now had a knife stuck in it, a look that said 'one more comment and you're dead'

"Don't give me that look now. We're comrades."

Taht said she rolled her eyes before saying

"You're right. However, this 'random guy' turns out to be the CEOs son. Won't be easy, especially now that they can suspect he's the next target. After all, his father wants to protect his oh so beloved son."

The man in the chair now stood up.

"In that case. I'll get some data and trail him. You take care of the killing."

There was silence as the woman was in deep thought.

"No. I'll trail him and see what he knows. Just because he's the son of the tyrant doesn't mean he's all bad. After all, a lot of people who work for Johnsons don't know about his dirty secret."

The man nodded, knowing there was probably no way in being able to change her mind.

"In that case. Be careful."

"Always."

With that said, the woman picked up the knife from the table and left.

-

Daniel spent the whole night thinking, trying to find something, anything, to help him find the now not so mysterious assassin that is clearly after his father's company.
Knowing he's the current target he of course, had options using it to his advantage. However, a lot of his ideas are reckless and dangerous.

He went through his options.
Find her and kill her
Go out and find her motive. Maybe even talk with her
Run and hide in hopes of it somehow resolving on it's own
The last option is, of course, hiding and waiting, giving all the information he can gather over to the authorities to finally get her captured.

Just going out will be a problem since the whole 'lockdown protocol' his father initiated.

There have been guards deployed over the whole mansion and the garden. No one can exit or enter without permission from his father, and all windows have been shut off, especially in his room. The guards have been deployed outside of his room, meaning he can not leave without them following him. It's annoying. However, it can't be changed unless he can sneak out.