5

"We're so proud of you, our princess." your father said with tears running down his face.

Your mother was beside him, holding your father's hand, also in tears.

"You'll make a great empress for our Mikage Corporation, princess. I just know it." your father added as he reached to give you a pat on the head for being the good girl you've always been.

You smiled at them, your eyes glistening.

For the longest time, your parents only had eyes for Reo. They've always given Reo all the responsibilities, as the successor and family head of the Mikage family. Reo was your parents'pride and joy. They believe that he will bring them even more fortune, for that is his sole responsibility.

But it's not like they didn't pay you any attention because of that, they did, but it was different. As a lady, you were merely a decoration. Ever since you were young, they never thought of you more than what you are, a pretty face. Not until that night.

That night, you made a choice, a decision that led you to be the successor of Mikage Corporation. It will be you that will replace your father and not Reo.

Looking back on it now, you still don't hate that decision, you don't regret it at all. Although deep inside, you know that isn't something you want for yourself, but you still kept that decision like it's your dream.

For your brother, you will do anything.

Reo has a passion, he has a dream. You saw how his face lit up from that dream and you were there with him. You were there with him as he materialized skills necessary to fullfil that dream. You, his sister that he loves dearly, cheered him on.

It's not fair that he had to give it up just for the sake of being a good son. That passion that you see burning in his heart, he had to give it up for the family. That's not fair.

If there's anything you could do to help him achieve his dream, you'd do it. And in your case, the sacrifice you must make is to lead the Mikage Corporation in Reo's stead. You don't have something you're truly passionate about, you don't have a dream, so you're not giving up anything by going according to you father's will.

There's nothing important you're giving up, right? There's nothing you'll have to give up in the future for this dream, right?

You heard a knock on your bedroom door, it was Baya.

"Young Miss, Young Master Reo is calling for you in the garden. I'm here to assist you there." She said with her usual polite bow.

Baya saw that you were sitting in front of your vanity, and seemed like you're getting ready.

"Do you need any help, Young Miss?" she asked.

You smiled at her and shook your head "Let's go now, Baya."

You stood up, looked at yourself one last time to fix your ribbon, and then went with Baya.

It's a Saturday afternoon and it was sunny like the usual. During Saturdays, Reo and you host a tea party, but it's just the two of you plus Baya. For the longest time, it's been like that, but now it's different. Today, Nagi is joining the tea party.

As the sun gently laid its rays on your face, you saw Nagi, sitting beside Reo.

"The princess is here!" Reo said as he got up and guided you to your seat like the gentleman he is.

You thanked Reo but your eyes remained on Nagi who was also looking at you with his usual expression.

"Surprised, huh? I invited him here because from now on, he's my treasure!" Reo said as he noticed that you're puzzled.