Chapter 28-Revelation

Hey guys! So here is a new chapter :) I hope that this doesn't get confusing...there is an unanswered question and I did it on purpose but if you have any questions feel free to comment in the box and ask away! :D

I'd like to give kudos to Nadie_Rae because she helped find actors to play Gwen and Gabriel!!!! She is super awesome for that and she'll help you if you ever need anything or if you just want to talk. lol she's a good friend :) Watch the slideshow that I made of all the characters I made including Gwen's friends and family.  Calder and Mr. Montehue are also included :))  ------------------>>>>>>>>>>>

Well....on to the story! Enjoy!!!!

*********************************************************************

Chapter 28-Revelation

“You were the one who brought her back from the dead.”

I stared at Calder and slumped down on the sofa of my living room.  His gray-blue eyes bore into mine, wanting an explanation.  I couldn’t give him one.  All I knew was that I was the cause of Gwen living and breathing again.  I knew it when she came back and I hated myself for taking it away from her.  She was at peace and I tore that peace away because of my own selfish reason.  I couldn’t let her go.  She wasn’t meant to go.  She wasn’t meant to die in that car accident.  We had to stop it.  I had to stop it.

But if I was suppose to save her then why did I feel guilty for doing it?

“That’s a question only you can answer, Gabe.”  Calder said, sitting across from me on the sofa.  “The only explanation that I can come up with is that you somehow tapped into your healing power and saved her.”

“But how is that possible?  We don’t have that power.  We can only heal ourselves not another person.  I don’t even have my powers so it doesn’t even make sense that I could have possibly healed her.”

He shrugged.  “I don’t know.  We’ll have to wait for your dad to come back and explain what happened that night.”

“Yeah.”  I ran a hand through my unruly hair.  I grabbed my keys from the coffee table and started getting up.  “I have to go.”

“Going to go see her?”  Calder asked, getting up from the sofa and following me to the door.

“Yes, You coming?”

“No, I’ll wait and see if any message comes from the Council.  I’ll contact you if there is any new information to pass on.”

I nodded and headed out the door.

*****

Dr. Krenshi was keeping me in the hospital for a week.  He wanted to keep me in to run some test and some other things that I couldn’t quite understand.  The nurses have been giving me some pain medication and that caused me to drift in and out of consciousness.  I’d wake up and find my Mom or Gabe sitting next to my bed and then the next thing I knew they were gone and I was alone.  I faintly recalled seeing the nurses come in and give me another dose of medication and I would try to tell them that I didn’t want anymore but I couldn’t speak. 

I don’t know how many days have passed but I guessed a few by the number of bouquets surrounding the room when I’d wake up.  There were so many different kinds of flowers with various colors that I smiled.  I distantly remembered that Tammy, Kyle, Molly, and Triston had come and visited me.  Or was it a dream? 

The only memory that was concrete was the night of the accident.  The memory kept replaying in my head like a broken record.  I remembered the crash and the blood.  I remembered the beautiful lyrical voice and then darkness.  I remember waking up to the sight of Gabriel and his worried blue-green eyes.  I remember meeting Calder.  I remember my Mom crying at the relief that her little girl was okay.  Finally, I remembered Mr. Montehue saying “Yes. It is all over” but knowing deep inside that it was far from over.