Chapter 23-Gwen

Hey everyone! Well first and foremost this chapter is dedicated to rgodofmischifj! He is a really good friend and has been a dedicated fan since the beginning :) He's also a fellow Senior like me and he's really cool to talk too. Soo you should go and check it out....pretty good stuff there :)

 Well without further delay here is the next chapter!

P.S...sorry if it's getting really mushy! I can't help it...There relationship is just..

*sigh*

*********************************************************************************

Chapter 23-Gwen

It was New Year’s Eve.

It had been three days since the last time I had talked or seen Gabriel.

There was a feeling at the pit of my stomach telling me that something wasn’t right.

The morning after he took me to the lake was euphoric.  I felt like I was high on life and all its beauty surrounding me was the cause for my giddiness.  There were so many things that I saw now that I hadn’t seen before.  I saw there was magic all around me if I just opened up my eyes to see.  There were the little things I noticed like how the birds seemed to surround me when I went outside to check the mail-which made me feel like I was Snow White- or how the flowers seemed to radiate from an unnatural beauty that they held.  I smiled because I knew a secret that no one else knew.

My mom noticed that something was different about me.  She said that I glowed and looked much healthier than I had the last couple of days.  That day after Gabriel told me his secret was the happiest I’ve ever been.  I still couldn’t believe that magic existed and that it was everywhere, unseen by us humans.  It was beautiful the things that were in this world.  So many things were suddenly shed to light.  Still, there were so many other things that I still didn’t know about.  A part of me was cautious for what I began to ask for.  Knowledge was dangerous if people exceeded their limits.  A good example of dangerous knowledge was Victor Frankenstein when he created his monster.

I had to be careful with what I was beginning to learn.  Like Gabriel said I might be in danger because of what I knew now so being careful became second nature.  There was a bit of sadness that came with knowing Gabriel’s secret.  I couldn’t tell anyone what I knew and I found myself stopping to think of what I might say to my mother.  I didn’t want to slip up and accidently tell her about Gabriel.  This would be the biggest challenge I’ve ever had to face, keeping things from my mother.  It was hard but it wasn’t my secret to tell.

As the day passed, I forgot about Gabriel, which started to drain the euphoric state I had been in all day.  I called his cell twice but he didn’t pick up and as night came my anxiety grew worse.  The next day there was still nothing and I didn’t know what to do.  There was a nagging feeling in my head telling me to go to him and try to reach him but there was no answer on his cell.  I may have dialed his phone about twenty times in the last forty-eight hours but the last few calls went straight to his voicemail. 

Today I was going to go and see if I could find him. 

Mom was going to her office party to celebrate the new year so that left me home alone.  Dad still hadn’t come by to see me and I knew that he knew I had been sick the last couple of days.  I overheard my mom talking on the phone with him one day but I guess he just didn’t care.

Stop, I told myself.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself.  I thought you were done with that.

I took a deep breath to center myself.