Chapter 3

I got down from the stairs and walked to the dinning area. We didn't have those dinning tables or chairs. We use a small stool and banana leaf to eat. A traditional way of eating which we ‘Indians’ used to do during the period were, and joint-family sits together, spreads the banana leaf and then the women of the house serve the food. A way where there chant mantras and pray before eating.

But these years, people use phones then praying. Instead of eating together and spending a quality of time with their family; they prefer to use the phone and eat in their respective rooms.

I walked to my brother who stood in front of the open area, near the tulsi. He seems lost in thoughts. I guess what is it? Was there any problem again, or just was bored? I walked near him and called him out “Bhai (brother)” but he seemed too lost to notice me calling him that his sister was beside him, observing he's lost face expressions.

I shook his shoulder and called him out again, louder this time. “Huh?” he startled. “Bhai (brother) where are you lost, huh? Thinking about something or someone?” I raised my brows in a hasty manner, while I smiled as I crossed my arms.

“Nothing. Come, let's have breakfast.” he held my hands, and we walked towards the area and sat down. I don't know why, but today his hold on my hand was different. His reactions and expressions too. There's something he is thinking about and is worried about.

The maid got the leaves and placed the plate of dosa and chutney. I took them and served on my brother's plate and then mine. We prayed and began eating.

*

“bhai! We are going. Bye!” I waved my hands, when I saw Yami coming near me. He passed a smiled and waved back, as he wore his silk Varanasi shawl.

We both left to our university where we both study about ancient mythology and temples.

We got into the taxi and discussed the assignment and the facts. It was a twenty minute ride throughout.

The study time passed soon. We both came out of the university. Well, returning home, we preferred walking. We both used to eat, talk, have fun, and of course discuss bhai and Tanu.

Presently, we stood in front of the golgappe shop, and it was only me who was stuffing golgappa's as if they were going to be stolen by someone. But who could think that my golgappa wasn't going to be stolen, but my chain was going to be.

I felt like my neck hurt all of a sudden when someone pulled the chain my brother had given me. It was a good chain with a sun pendant on it.

I held my neck, while Yami gasped, horrified. We both screamed, gaining everyone's attention. I ran behind the scooter, trying to get my chain back. The chain was more precious than my life. That was my mother’s which brother had given me. Dammit, I can't lose it at any point. No way.

Well, I can't curse myself now, no use. But I need to get it back.

That's when I saw a car stop in front of the scooter. A blur image of a man was visible. I thanked the person internally. He is my saviour today.

He got out of the car. Well, never mind, he was formally dressed. He looked like he's nowhere from any small family or doing a small work… His jaw line was perfect, while his muscles were visible from the shirt he wore.

But not to tell, my Tanan is much better than him. His eyes looked cold, while my Tanan’s were soft, always. His face was expression less, while Tanan’s always had a smile on it. He is no where compared to my guy. I felt PROUD all of a sudden, knowing that my many is then best.

The man talked something with them ans they ran away like some scared rats (brats). The man bent down and picked my chain. He walked towards me… And passes me my chain.

“Here you go!” he removed his transparent glasses and passes a smile to me. “Thank you!” I told to him, as Yami and I turned back to return home.

“Excuse me” I heard him call me. We both looked at each other and then turned towards that green – eyes man.

“Yes” I replied to him as he opened his mouth to speak.

“Can you show me the way to Mr. Kailash Dattatreya’s house? I need to go there, and I am new here.” I nodded positively.

Wait, Kailash Dattatreya means my brother? Who is this green eyes man? And why is he searching for my house?