Chapter Two: Haunted

Forgot to say these two things...

1) DISCLAIMER: Don't own Pokemon

2)This is a collab with Panadamonium Geist-Gott

Duology: First Look

Chapter Two: Haunted

Third POV; Five Years Later

"You remember what to do, right, Ethan?"

"...Yes. How could I forget?"

The man on the other line chucked, amused.

"Alright. Now... if you do this correctly, you may get a reward out of this. Ethan, I-"

Ethan hung up, pocketing the phone. The man grinned and shut his own, smiling down at it.

'I don't want your love, you treacherous man. You're a deadly hazard to my health.'

Ethan's POV; One Week Later, Newbark Town

I hesitated, hand hovering over the worn out sign spelling out the name of the small town I had once lived in. I sighed, coughing into my fist.

My clothes were ragged and torn. Dirty and barely provided warmth. Clouds hid the sun from view, making it darker. I sighed, wincing as the cut on my jaw stretched.

It's been five years since I had last seen this sign. Five years since I had any contact with people I knew. Five years since I had seen my mother. Five years since I had seen my best friend Lyra Crystal. Five years since I had seen my tucked out grandparents. And its been five years since I was abducted by the man who calls himself Giovanni Sakaki, Kanto's Viridian Gym Leader.

On May twenty second, a ten year old boy by the name of Ethan Hibiki Gold was taken from Newbark Town. That boy was me. After five years of planning, I had escaped. Took me about... a week to get here, I'd say.

My finger ran over the indents I had made with Lyra. Back when dad was still alive, he gave me his knife when I asked if I could make a sign for the town. They were poorly carved, stray things of wood sticking out, but it was the thing that told me I was home.

I just don't know if I would be welcomed, though... Over the years, Giovanni had shown me the countless videos mom submitted to the news to look for me. It hurt... I had driven myself mad, nearly, creating deep cuts from chains that had held me, then.

I shook my head. No... As much as I want to sort through my thoughts, now isn't the time. Now is the time to get past this hesitation and find Lyra or Mom.

I took a breath, hand pressing down on the corner of the sign. But before I could lift a leg, I heard a shout.

"Hey! What're you doing, kid?" I jerked and fell back, a gasp escaping me. I groaned from the ground. A shadow appeared over me. I didn't open my eyes, suddenly tired.